Chapter 8 - Dear Kaby

OMG I haven't updated in forever I'm so sorry ;n;

        So, I've been dreading writing this chapter because there's not much I can do with it :/ but I guess I might as well get it over with.

        I'm going to try my best to get this finished soon since I have a lot of band practice for the next three days (and I want to finish it so I can continue working on my Natsu doll <3)

        "Where do you think Lucy ran off to?" Happy asked.

        You shrugged. "I'm not sure." Which was a lie, since you knew she was heading to the underground sewer system.

        You and Happy were searching the mansion for the celestial mage but you knew she probably wasn't in the mansion now. "Maybe we should check outside?"

        The blue exceed nodded, turning in mid-flight. "Aye, since we're on the third floor I'll just fly you outside." You followed him and opened the large window at the end of the hallway.

        Ready to go and find Lucy, you jumped off the ledge trusting Happy to catch you. Not a second later, you felt a tug on the collar of your shirt and you looked up to see the cat straining to hold onto you.

        "You're heavier than I thought you'd be." He huffed.

        You snapped back, "Are you calling me fat?"

        The exceed didn't reply and set you down on the paved ground surrounding the mansion. You looked around and saw a half open manhole cover. "Over there!" You pointed.

        Happy flew over to the smelly sewer opening. "You think Lucy would've gone down there?"

        You nodded, lifting up the lid to climb down the slippery ladder. "Let's go." You urged the exceed, holding it open for him.

        Once at the bottom, a revolting stench hit your nostrils. You did the best you could not to keel over and after a little bit the smell wasn't as strong. You walked down a small passageway that led to a large stream of murky sewer water. To your left was a dead end, so you proceed to follow the flow of water to the right.

        "I can't imagine Lucy ever going in a place like this." Happy muttered, flying ahead to scout the area.

        You followed him, knowing you'd come across Lucy, and maybe even Everlue, soon. Not moments later you heard voices coming from deeper into the sewer system.

        You looked over at Happy, who nodded acknowledging that he had heard them too. The exceed flew ahead to see who was the owner of the voices. You ran after him, not going nearly as fast as the aera mage and almost slipping once or twice on the slimy floor.

        You turned a corner to see Happy flying into Everlue, who had seemed to be holding Lucy by the wrists. The pudgy man fell to the ground, and the exceed dropped into the dirty water. You saw the blonde holding Day Break and lecturing Everlue.

        You ran over to her. "Are you alright?"

        She nodded, looking over in the direction of Happy who was floating in the disgusting sewer water. "Happy! Get out of there!"

        "But it's so warm!" The exceed muttered, his mouth submerged.

        The celestial wizard face palmed. "That's sewer water, Happy..." She sighed.

        Lucy turned back to face Everlue taking out one of her golden celestial keys. You stood beside her, ready to defend your friend and the book she had in her possession. "Looks like the table have turned! Let us have the book and we might just go easy on you, although I'm tempted to give you a good smack."