Here I Come

Sky
It's been 6 years since I've last been to the base. Six years too long. I just graduated high school in New York so now as I am officially a adult, I'm going to go live with my dad back at the base.

My dads an army sergeant first class. Amazing right. You must be thinking "It must've been hard for a girl to have an army dad" and actually, it was the total opposite. I loved living with my dad. To be honest, I was a tomboy back in my younger days. And living with my dad was never boring. Especially with my five friends I had growing up. Jim, Oli, Andy, Eli, and Jake. We grew up together. Their dads were also in the army. Except for Oli, his mom was a single mom who was in the army. Talk about POWA! I miss those dorks.

We always got into so much trouble. One time we were playing dare, and I got dared into going into the army humvee. We were 10-12 so we always tried to stupid stuff. We also had specific rules not to go into the humvee. So of course we would go into it, I mean like... why wouldn't we?! You know? But the thing is, I didn't realize the keys were in, so when I tried to get out, my foot accidentally pressed the gas and the car drive straight into the bath house. God! We were in so much trouble for that, but inside, I know each and everyone one of us 6 were laughing our heads off.

When I was 12, six years ago, my mom decided it was a good idea for me and her to bond. So my parent decided that I would spend the rest of my 8th grade and high school at New York. It was really hard for me to leave because of Jim guys and my dad. Before that, it was just me and my dad. My mom was a famous designer in New York who didn't have enough time for her daughter, but it be honest, I was used to it.

Before moving in with my mom, my dad made me promise that if I wanted to comeback, that I had to become strong, stronger than all the rest. So when I went to New York, I did boxing, martial arts, I was even taught how to shoot hundred of different types of guns and use different weapons. I trained to become the strongest. By the age of 14, I had already passed all of my teachers, so from then on , I decided to go into street fighting. I also did street racing because I couldn't help myself. I did well in school but mostly didn't talk much to anybody even if they tried to talk to me. I didn't want to get any connection so that when I left New York to back to the base, I wouldn't be so sad like I was when I left the base.

Since I couldn't use my name as my fighting name, I decided to use my middle name, Raven. My full name is Skyla Raven Jackson, but people usually just call me Sky. In fighting and racing, I had never lost of fight. I was a legend in the Underground. To be honest, the people I fought with were easy.

In school, I graduated with a 4.0 in all classes and became valedictorian. I wasn't that hyped up about it but my parent were happy for me. My dad couldn't make to my graduation but I wasn't that sad about cause I was gonna see him pretty soon anyway.

To say I look different from before would be an understatement. When I lived at the base, I would usually just wear a t-shirt and shorts with a hat. I had long black hair and bright blue eyes, but I didn't think I was much of a looker, but after moving to New York, I got addicted to fashion. Don't get me wrong, I still live everything I loved before, but now I just also love clothing. Nowadays I wear different outfits, but they almost always have a leather jacket. I wear a leather jacket because of my bike. I always lived motorcycles when I was kid, but after winning so much money fighting and not knowing what to do with it, I decided to get a black Ducati 1299.

It's my baby

It's my baby. I'm bringing it with me back to the base. That and a couple of my other cars like my Ferrari and my Tesla and a couple others. I know what your thinking "What's with all the cars?" Well you see, every time my mon missed something, she would get me a car to make up for it. Not that I cared that she didn't make cause to be honest, I wasn't expecting much, but seriously, the cars don't hurt.

Right now I'm packing all my stuff to move it to the base.

"Sky sweetie!" I hear from downstairs
"Coming mom!"
I walk down the stair from my room into the kitchen. There, is my mother in her cooking apron.

My mother is a beaut. I know it, she knows it, everybody knows it. I got my hair from and complexion from her and she never misses a chances to tell me about how I got my good looks from her.

"Yes mom?"
"Oh hey baby, I was wondering if you packed all your stuff yet?"
"Not yet. But I'm almost done, besides my flight leaves tomorrow morning"
"I know sweeties but it doesn't hurt to be prepared"
"I know mom, oh and are my cars and bike getting shipped tomorrow too?"
"Ya. They're leaving the same time as you, you don't need to worry." She rolls her eyes.

She never understood my fascination with anything "male" as she likes to put it.

"Ok then I'm gonna go back up and pack"
"Ok baby."

The Next Morning

"Ok so toothbrush, hairbrush, phone,...."
"Yep I'm ready!" I say to myself while making sure I have everything before leaving to the airport.
"Sky c'mon let's go"
"Coming mom"
I run down the stairs almost falling at least twice from my excitement.
"Slow down. The airport ain't going anywhere." My mon says even though she was the one screaming for me to come down.
I go into the car and we drive to the airport.

Home, here I come.