[Chapter 6]

This is too funny 😂

+++

"What's coming will come, and we'll meet when it comes."

-Hagrid

+++

{Y/N's POV}

Hermione and I were some of the few students who were in the library. Some of the foreign students were also here, exploring. We were quietly trying to finish up an assignment from Professor McGonagall. We didn't have the same assignment since we weren't in the same year, but we still liked to study peacefully together.

She looked at the time and her eyes widened.

"Oh Godric," she said. "I was supposed to meet up with Harry for something!"

She immediately started packing up her books.

"Sorry, Y/N, I have to go," she said.

"Don't be, I'm almost finished anyway," I reassured.

She gave me a thankful look before heading out of the library.

I went back to reading quietly, but a few moments later, my peace was destroyed. Two figures invited themselves in the chairs next to me.

"Watch'a doin', Y/N?" George asked, putting his arm around my shoulder.

I already knew why they decided to accompany me.

"I'm not going to do it," I said.

"Pft?" Fred said, acting daft. "What are you-"

"Talking about?" George finished.

"I'm not going to make you an aging potion," I said.

Fred and George looked at each other sneakily.

"Well," George said.

"We can be very-" Fred said.

"Convincing," they finished in unison.

I laughed.

"Ok, but not to me," I said, packing up my books.

"Oh, come on!" Fred said.

"Yeah!" George called out.

They followed me out of the library.

"At least do it for your best friend and boyfriend," George said, making me turn pink.

"I'm not going to do it," I said.

"Why not?" they asked.

"Because people had actually died in the tournament!" I exclaimed. "And I'm not going to lose my best friends."

Fred and George looked at me innocently.

"Fineee," George said and slouched.

"Thanks for caring though, Sugar," Fred said and they hopped away.

I felt bad about rejecting them, but I was not about to lose them. Especially after I had almost lost Fred. I cared about them way too much. Besides, I had a feeling they were going to find out another way to try to enter the tournament.

+++

I walked into the Great Hall to see what the big commotion was all about. A group of Hufflepuff students cheered on for Cedric as he walked up to the Goblet. I took a seat beside Hermione as she was reading a thick book.

Cedric threw his name in the Goblet and the blue flame flared higher. The students cheered and he turned around to look at me. He smiled, making me feel fluffy.