[Chapter 7]

"Don't feel stupid if you don't like what everyone else pretends to love."

-Emma Watson

+++

"Come on, Sugar," Fred said. "We're gonna be late!"

He grabbed my hand as we ran to DADA. His touch electrified from my arm through my body. I couldn't help but smile when he grabbed my hand. We made it in the classroom before the horn rang. Professor Moody saw that we were still holding hands.

"Alright, I don't want to see anyone snogging in this classroom," he said, scrunching his nose.

Fred and I turned red when we heard other students snickering.

"You," he said, pointing his wand at me. "Will sit here."

He pointed at the seat all the way in the front by his desk.

"And you, Weasley," he said. "Will sit there."

He pointed his wand at a seat in the middle, far from my seat. Fred let go of my hand and we walked to our seats. Once we sat down, Professor Moody introduced himself.

"Alastor Moody," he introduced himself, "Ex-Auror or our ministry malcontent. I'm here because Dunbledore asked me. Goodbye, the end."

He eyed the room.

"Any questions?"

No one dared to raise their hands. Moody was intimidating.

"Well then," he said. "Today I will be telling you about the three unforgivable curses. Dumbledore and the ministry may not want me too, but I think you need to know them!"

I knew the three unforgivable curses. I suddenly remembered using one of them on a death eater.

"You," Moody said, pointing wand at me. "You seem to be listening well," he said sarcastically. "Name the three unforgivable curses."

I answered without hesitation.

"There are three unforgivable curses: The killing curse, cruciatus curse, and..."

"The imperius curse," Fred interrupted.

Moody's fake eye looked at Fred. I turned around and smiled thankfully at him. I had forgotten the name of the last curse. He winked at me, making me shy all of a sudden and turned around.

"Did you all hear that?" Moody asked the room.

Everyone obediently nodded. Moody walked over to his desk and pointed his wand at a spider in the jar.

"Imperio!" Moody said loudly.

He made the spider float around the classroom. The students laughed in joy when it landed on someone's face.

"What should I make it do?" Moody asked. "Should I make it jump out the window?"

The spider hit the window. I was the only one not laughing. The poor spider didn't even do anything.

"Should I make it drown itself?" Moody asked, dipping the spider in and out of a cup of water.

The class quieted down. The spider floated back on his desk. It rested on a book, exhausted.

"Crucio!" Moody shouted, making the spider squirm in pain. It screeched loudly for a small creature.

The classroom watched suspensefully and afraid. After Moody was done watching it squirm, he shouted the last curse.

"Avada Kedavra!"

The spider went limp and it's legs stopped moving. The screeching stopped, leaving the classroom quiet.