[Chapter 15]

"Don't chase people. Be yourself, do your own thing and work hard. The right people-the ones who really belong in your life-will come to you. And stay."

-Will Smith

+++

{Y/N's POV}

It's been a few days since the Yule Ball. Fred and I didn't talk much anymore, so Angela hung out with Fred more often now. Hermione was still upset at Ron so I usually sat with her and Ginny far from the boys. Cedric and I haven't had time to clear the situation yet, as he barely had time to talk to me.

Currently, we sat in Defence Against the Dark Arts. Professor Moody gave a lecture about the dangers of Horcruxes and why we shouldn't use them.

"Ms. Y/L/N," I heard Moody say, snapping me back to reality.

"Yes, Professor?" I said, not looking up from the floor.

"I see that you're paying attention," he said sarcastically. "Can you tell me how Horcruxes are formed in the first place?"

Without looking up, I answered.

"Murder."

Professor Moody didn't say anything. I assumed he was surprised that I was listening.

"Well then," he said. "Let me ask you: who has used Horcruxes before?"

"Voldemort," I said without thinking.

I heard people gasp. I looked at Moody to read his reaction. From the corner of my eye, I saw Fred looked shocked that I said his name.

"Well done," Moody said. "How do you know so much about Horcruxes?" he questioned.

"I dunno. Maybe because I'm paying attention?"

Moody's fake eye spun fast and he ran back to his desk. He took out his flask and took a big gulp as if his life depended on it. Once he was done drinking it all down, he wiped his mouth. I looked at him suspiciously. He looked around for another flask but was disappointed when he realized he had drank the last bottle.

"Class is dismissed early," he said.

Everyone looked at each other oddly. Class had only been going on for twenty minutes.

"You heard me!" he shouted. "Out!"

Everyone immediately got up and made their way out the door. I was the last to leave and shut the door behind me. Once everyone left, I leaned my head against the door, hoping to hear something. I heard voices whispering and rattling. At one point, I heard glass break. What the bloody hell was going on? I saw Fred giving me a strange look.

I decided it was best to leave before I got caught.

"Ms. Y/N," I heard Professor McGonagall say.

"Yes, Professor?" I said, straightening my posture.

"Come with me."

I furrowed my eyebrows. What did Professor McGonagall want? I followed her into her classroom and she shut the door.

"Yes, Professor?" I asked.

She turned around and faced me then pointed her wand at me before I could react.

"Petrificus Totalus."

+++

{Fred's POV}

"Bets! Come make your bets!" George and I shouted.

"Oi, where do you think Y/N is?" George asked. "She's been missing for a few hours now."

Now that I thought about it, she has been gone for a while. Was she still upset that I didn't believe her? I mean, Y/N and Cedric always acted like a couple. They hung out so much, it drove me mad.