[Chapter 17]

Miss meeeeeeeeeeee?

+++

"Family is not who's blood is in you; it's who you love and who loves you."

-Jackie Chan

(I respect this man. He's amazing. <3)

+++

{A/N's POV}

Y/N and Fred walked into the Great Hall together-coincidentally-the next day. Hermione looked at Y/N, wondering if she got enough sleep. She fell asleep before Y/N came into the dorm and woke up after Y/N had already left.

George looked at Fred, ready to attack him with questions like, Did she forgive you yet? What happened to Y/N's hand? Why are you so late? Did you even sleep last night? Did mum answer your letter yet?

Y/N yawned as she sat down beside Hermione and Ginny.

"I'm assuming you didn't get enough sleep last night?" Ginny asked.

Y/N nodded sleepily.

"One more night of detention," Y/N reminded herself and the other two girls.

Hermione noticed the bandage on Y/N's hand and became concerned.

"What happened to your hand?" she asked worriedly.

Y/N lifted her head.

"I accidentally cut it. No need to worry about it," she reassured.

Hermione nodded and went back to eating her lunch.

"So have you forgiven him for breaking up with you yet?" Ginny asked. "He's been miserable. He even stopped pranking people for the meantime!"

Y/N shrugged.

"I don't know..."

Owls flew over their heads with mail and packages. Y/N didn't expect any mail, but she got a letter. It was from her older brother, Magnus. Her eyes sparkled with excitement when she saw it. It had been a while since she had heard from him.

"What is it?" Hermione asked.

"My brother finally Owled me!" Y/N exclaimed happily.

It was the first good news she had gotten in a while.

Hermione got a letter from her parents and Ginny got a package from somewhere she ordered from the other day. Y/N opened up her letter and read it out loud for Hermione and Ginny.

Hey, Y/N/N.

How're things at Hogwarts? Hopefully, they're good. I just wanted to let you know I'll be home over the summer for two weeks! Charlie said he will be at home for two weeks as well. We finally managed to get a vacation! The other day, I almost got scorched by a Wyvern! Thank Godric, I almost ended up in the hospital wing! I heard about the Triwizard Tournament and saw that you're apparently with the Hogwarts Champion, is it true? Even if it's not, you're famous!

-Your favorite brother, Magnus.

Y/N laughed when I read "Your favorite brother" because he was her only brother.

Fred opened his letter, glad that Molly had finally answered. His relief soon shifted to worry.

"Look, everyone!" A boy named Seamus shouted loudly. "Frederic's got himself a Howler!"

Everyone in the Great Hall, including Y/N, Hermione, and Ginny, went silent and looked at Fred. Fred remembered the last time one of them had received a Howler from their mum. Ron had gotten scolded and publicly humiliated.