Chapter 21

Riven's pov

Today's training sucked,everything sucked theese days.First Beatrix turning out as a murderer who only god knows who she was up to,everyone talking shit about me like I knew what she was planning,and last but not least,Ella.I was more than sure at this point that Bea wanted her on her side and I couldn't tell why.She was sure a powerful fairy but something inside of me told me it was more than that.The problem is I don't know what that is,and she won't tell me anything after Bea's capture.She also believes that I knew,well I don't blame her.If I was her I'd think the same.

The situation kept getting worse worse,as from now on we are training with fairies and in very strict conditions.Nobody knew how many burned ones are out there,and even if they did,they wouldn't tell us.All theese had as a result for me to fail all of my atempts in combat today.I was shit and Sky was messing around with Bloom,so basically I had no one for another time.I went to rest next to Terra on an empty bench.Before sitting down,I heard Kat complimenting her magic skills.

"Ten cell strength,hot" I said taking a sit next to her."She's right you know.You were a force out there".Terra was so unused to me being nice to her and it was showing."Thanks.You too" she said back uncomfortably but I knew how bad I was."Fuck off,I was shit" and it was damn true."After two atempts with me,Aisha quit combat and  switched to support" I now looked at the ground pissed as fuck."Well it's been a weird week" she began saying and I couldn't agree with her more."I am sorry I know you and Beatrix were ummm close" even at the thought of her name I had started getting sick,she only created chaos.

"That must've  been hard for you" Terra finished and deep down I was glad someone understood that.She was a nice person and I was a dick to her,like always."Yeah if it was only that" I finally said something back but regret this right after."What do you mean?" she now was confused what else could bother me instead of Beatrix,well the answer was only a few meters away.

I looked over to Ella who now was on the ground again after a failed battle.Her and that guy Alex weren't in a better condition than me today.I could tell things bothered her too,although she didn't show it.She was laughing all this time to whatever that guy said to her.What could be so funny that made her not bother to lose,she didn't like to lose.Another reason that I was pissed was that I didn't have time to talk to her alone.Everytime that I tried to,another person would appear.In this case,Alex.

"Nothing just forget about it" I replied and Dane came to us."Sweet moves Riv.I've never seen somebody die so qucikly in so many ways" he said and the last thing I wanted right now is Dane trying to play it cool with roasting me."You shoud sign for Alfea's got talent" with that he walked away leaving Terra confused."What was that?" she asked but already knew the answer."That was a shitty burn from the  first year monster I created" she didn't say anything back."Or that Beatrix created".

Terra had worry in her eyes,and I have to admit that I kinda missed our days where we were hanging on the greenhouse for launch.I learned many things from her,actually she made me interested about botanology and that stuff.But I guess everything was fucked now.I looked over to Ella again,only to she her hugging Alex.He left leaving her alone and she made her way to the box sacks.I decided it was the chance to talk to her."I guees I'll see you in a bit" I said to Terra before leaving.She probably  saw where I was going to but I couldn't care less.

She probably  saw where I was going to but I couldn't care less

Ella's pov

And Silva was right,today was a big day.What he wasn't right about was all this soldier shit that they made us do all morning,instead than regural training.Theese experienced guys weren't even taking it easy on us,like we were real soldiers.Me and Alex had it bad today,and that wasn't helping on my stress about all the things that happened theese days.Normally when I trained,I calmed down,but today I was more tense but I tried to hide it.Only the box sack knew it from the punches that I gave it.

"Kinda suprised you didn't choose to mess with your powers today" someone behind me said.A specific someone who I avoided theese past days."If you continue talking,I might" I said,my eyes still focused on the sack."I'm not sure if the teachers would like it" he replied and I tried to focus on my fists but he was making it hard."Last time I checked,you were saying that I can only read dreams" Riven still hadn't come infront of me,making the conversation more heated.

"well that changed since you chose to be the specialist today in order to avoid me" he went behind the sack and held it,making me finally face him."Who said I was avoiding you?" I did avoid him actually but by admitting it,I would only cause more drama."Your actions did shortie" his response left me kinda speechless,but I quickly covered it."Do you want something or you just came here to bother me?"

"Look's like someone's pissed" he said and before I had time to talk he spoke again."At least I am not the only failure today",his comments made me mad like always.How did they had such an effect on me?Normally I wouldn't care about someone trying to piss me off,but with him it was like a cat and mouse game.He messed with me while I messed with him.

"Not my fault you miss your sparring partner knocking you out" I said waiting for his reaction.He gave a smirk but I could see he was also feeling like a shit just like me.Both of us saw training as an escape from our feelings,and this whole prepare for war stuff didn't help."I think you are gonna miss me from now on" I didn't know if that was true or not,to be honest he was the only one who tried to pull me down with his words in order to mess with my mind.Noone else did that to me,he was sure a challenge.

"Have fun with your first year" he blew air on my hair pretending to be Alex."You know him?" I asked curious."I've heard of him and his fuckboy properties" a fuckboy?Nah he was taking too far.I knew better than anyone to recognise a fuckboy and for sure Alex wasn't one.The only one close to that,or a troublemaker at least,was standing in front of me.

"You think I can't handle a fuckboy?" I said getting closer to him.He seemed to get that I was talking  about him and came closer too."I don't know,can you?" he asked me with a grin."I guess we'll see" It was now clear that we both weren't talking about Alex,but for me and him.A text interrupted our conversation.Again.

It was from the suite group and the only thing they sent was an Sos emoji.I guess they found out about Stella,actually I hoped it was something similar to that and not something worse."I gotta go" I said looking at him for one last time."Try to stay away from trouble" he said and it was probably the first time Riven showed some kindness.I didn't know how to respond to his sudden outburst,so I replied with my same sarcastic attitude.

"Look who's talking" with that after he finally released a small laugh,I made my way to the dorm,hoping for Riven to be right and it would be only some suite drama.