Part 5

Taehyung nervously twisted the ring on his finger and opened the door with a heavy sigh.

He was greeted with a smiling Jin, and a laughing Namjoon, Jungkook giggling alongside them.

"Hello." He muttered, stepping aside to let the 3 in. "Is um-is Hoseok coming?"

"Hoseok Hyung-" Jungkook smiled slightly. "-is running a little late. But he'll be here."

Namjoon openly stared at the living room, internally sighing at the dozens of pictures littered around the room. His eyes narrowed when he thought he saw something blinking, but shrugged it off as a trick of the light.

Jungkook made himself at home on the couch, lying down and grabbing the remote.

Jin followed Taehyung into the kitchen, immediately engulfing the smaller in an almost suffocating hug. "Call me sometime. I'd be willing to talk. I want you to know I'm here, and I understand. I can um- I can-"

Taehyung nodded against his chest. "I'd like that Hyung. I'm sorry I haven't talked to you..in what? Probably a few weeks?"

"2 years."

"No..." Taehyung scoffed. "It couldn't have been that long..."

"Oh but it has. It was right after Jungkook, Namjoon and I got together."

Taehyung paled. "Hyung please don't think that it was because of that-"

Jin smiled, moving over to the stove. "I know what it was because of Tae, and I understand. I do."

He sighed, relieved. It truly wasn't because they got together, he just stopped having the energy or care to even attempt to call them back.

And at some point, they all stopped trying.

They left it to Jungkook to make sure he was okay.

"We love you, don't ever forget that."

Taehyung let himself be encased in a hug once more, letting his eyes close and revel in the warmth and comfort of being held by another person.

"Guys! There's some dude at the door! Says he's got Tae's wallet?"

Taehyung ran out to the living room, asking where Jungkook was before turning to the door. Jungkook had went to the guest bathroom, and at his door stood a blonde.

"Do I know you?" He asked, earning a small smile.

"I ran into you like a week ago. I just found the time to come give you your wallet. Kim Taehyung, right?"

"Yeah...thanks." How hadn't he noticed his wallet was gone?

"Well, I'll be on my way. I left my number in there so...give me a call sometime." The blonde's smile was shy, and Taehyung almost felt sorry.

When the door shut, Jin and Namjoon were left gaping, lips upturned slightly.

Taehyung only rolled his eyes, opening his wallet and taking out the small note. He threw it in the trash without a second thought.

"Tae-"

"No Hyung. Don't even talk about it."

"YOUR SUNSHINE IS HERE!"

Taehyung attached himself to Hoseok to get away from Namjoon's stare, letting Hoseok squeeze the breath out of him-his way of saying 'I missed you'.

"It's been so long!" Hoseok sighed, though he was still smiling. "I'm staying over!"

"Me too!" Jungkook yelled.

"Count me in." Jin smiled, wiping his hands on a kitchen rag.

"Well I'm not gonna be the odd one out." Namjoon shrugged. "I guess I'm staying too."

Taehyung sighed, it was gonna be a long night.

-

Hoseok groaned, rolling over to his side on the guest bed. He ran a hand through his disheveled hair, annoyed. What time was it?

He peered over to the digital clock on the right side table. 2:30am. Why the fuck was he awake?

A muffled creak came from outside the door, telling him someone else was awake as well. He yanked the blankets off and stormed to the door, ready to tell whoever it was off. If they were going to be awake at 2 in the morning, be quiet for fucks sake.

(A/N: this was a message to myself because I accidentally woke my dad up this morning sjsjsj)

The scolding flew from his mind when he opened the door, immediately spotting a wide awake, teary-eyed Taehyung.

"H-Hyung." Taehyung's bottom lip trembled.

"Oh Tae." Hoseok sighed, shoulders drooping. "Come on, come lay down."

Taehyung nodded, making grabby hands as soon as he was sat on the bed. Hoseok managed a small smile, taking the smaller into his arms comfortingly.

"Wanna watch some TV?" Hoseok asked, feeling the way Taehyung's whole body shook, chest heaving.

"T-that would be nice." The younger muttered, relaxing into Hoseok.

"Let me grab my phone, because someone didn't have the decency to put a television in the guest bedroom."

Taehyung snorted. "Be thankful you got the guest bedroom. The other 3 are sleeping on my bedroom floor, the fuckers."

Hoseok hummed, letting Taehyung scroll through YouTube videos until he found one of baby pandas. Because that's what one watches at almost 3am.

It wasn't long before Taehyung relaxed, falling against the pillows in a peaceful sleep.

Hoseok grinned, quietly exiting the bed to look for more blankets to cover the smaller up with. He searched through a few of the drawers in the closet, before his hands froze.

Instead of blankets, he found all of Jimin's old stuff, stuff that Taehyung had promised he donated. His therapist had recommended to get rid of most, if not all of it. A way to help him accept that Jimin was no longer here.

It wasn't odd that sometimes Jungkook would find Taehyung in a hoodie that didn't belong to him, but they all let it slide. All of their information on Taehyung's health and well-being came from Jungkook, and the youngest didn't necessarily search Taehyung's house, so Hoseok wasn't surprised that it took them this long to find things Taehyung had meant to keep hidden.

Hoseok closed the drawer with a soft sigh, deciding on letting it sit until the morning.

He found a few scattered blankets and gently draped them across Taehyung before sliding under them as well.

Random viral videos had begun playing due to Hoseok always forgetting to turn off auto play, but he let them be. He stared at the ceiling, silently wondering what it was like to lose someone like that.

Of course he had been close with Jimin, the younger was like a brother to him.

So of course he also hurt, his heart ached at the thought of him.

But Taehyung had been so hopelessly in love with him. Followed him around like a lost puppy until they got together. They had known each other almost all their lives. Losing that bond, losing the one person you would do anything for....Hoseok had no idea what that was like. He felt helpless, unable to relate to Taehyung, meaning he was unable to help.

All he wanted to do was help.

-

1135 words

We love a good fucked up story

Stay safe and healthy <3

Anyways, bye bye <33!!