Part 16

Yoongi had offered to come in with him, but he refused.

The elder had dropped him off, and he didn't want to be more of a bother.

"Taehyung, oh thank god!" Jungkook came barreling into him to crush him in a hug, "I-I thought he got to you or something, I was so worried!"

Taehyung let his head rest on Jungkook's chest, staying quiet.

"Are you okay?"

Taehyung peered over Jungkook's shoulder and shuddered, "W-what's in it?"

"I don't know, I didn't open it. Do you want me to throw it out?"

Taehyung shook his head, "Y-Yoongi said i-it could make the st-stalker angry."

The younger mouthed the familiar name to himself, but shook it off. Yoongi lived in Daegu, it was just a coincidence.

"Do you want me to open it then? I-I don't know if it's a good idea for you to..."

Taehyung sniffled, tucking his head back under Jungkook's chin, "I don't w-wanna. Jungkook, why me?"

"I don't know Hyungie, I don't know," Jungkook wrapped his arms tighter around the smaller, running one hand comfortingly up and down his back. "But i promise you, I won't let him hurt you."

Taehyung laughed briefly, a small, quiet sound, "I don't think you can keep that promise Jungkookie."

"Hey! I can totally protect you, look!" Jungkook unwrapped one arm from him and flexed, bringing one of Taehyung's hands to his abs as well, "I'm like...super strong."

Taehyung snorted, "Now you're just literally flexing on my very well known muscle kink."

"Maybe. Let's be honest, if I wasn't taken, you'd be at me."

"Not remotely. You're like my annoying younger brother. But you are pretty hot."

Jungkook pressed an obnoxious kiss to his forehead, "Why thank you sexy."

"You dork, get off me."

Jungkook giggled alongside him, but their laughs quieted instantly when they turned back to the box sat on the small table by Taehyung's couch.

"W-why'd you bring it in?" Taehyung asked, voice meek.

"I didn't," Jungkook frowned, before his eyes widened, "I didn't. Taehyung I'm not the one w-who brought it in, he-he wa-"

Taehyung stepped back, "He w-was in my house. Oh god. H-how did he get in? I-I've got security locks a-and a deadbolt-"

"Taehyung-you-you can't stay here. It's bad enough that he knows where you live, b-but now he knows how to get in."

-

"Jungkook's right Taehyung-ah," Yoongi sighed, later that day, rubbing up and down Taehyung's arm, "If he's not going to leave you alone, you might need to leave, Taehyung-ah." He suggested gently, "It's really dangerous for you to be here."

They were sat on a bench about a half-mile away from Taehyung's house, the smaller, once again, uncomfortable in his own home.

"N-No I can't leave." Taehyung shook his head vehemently, "I-I can't."

It had been his and Jimin's first place together. He couldn't just up and leave. He told Jungkook that, but the younger was persistent.

"Okay....what about just for a while? Like...a vacation of sorts? Just until we catch the guy."

"Where w-would I go?"

Yoongi sheepishly smiled, "I'm always available. But there's also always hotels and stuff, if you don't wanna, which is fine."

"N-no it's okay, as long as I'm not bothering you. You m-make me feel safe anyways."

He didn't see the victorious, almost malicious smile creep across Yoongi's face.

He accepted the hug he was offered, and buried his head in the crook of Yoongi's neck. He just wanted to go back to normal.

Yoongi pulled him a little closer and began rocking back and forth, a soothing motion Taehyung had missed greatly.

They were quiet for a while, Taehyung enjoying the silence and comfort after a really fucking depressing day. He didn't often seek out comfort from Yoongi in the form of touch, still not quite comfortable, but this was nice.

"Wanna start packing?" Yoongi whispered into his hair, still swaying slowly.

Taehyung hesitantly nodded, but didn't move.

"My house is pretty far, we might wanna get going now if we want to get there before dinner."

Taehyung let out a shaky sigh, and reluctantly detached himself from Yoongi, who scrunched his nose at the loss of warmth.

The small brunette dragged his feet all the way to Yoongi's car, sniffling slightly. He didn't wanna go back home.

The worst part about not feeling safe at home, was that his house was where all of Jimin's stuff was. A lot of their memories were there. The whole house was Jimin, essentially. Jimin had decorated it. Pictures of him were pretty much everywhere.

So to not be comfortable in the space he had holed himself in for 3 years, the space that he kept the love of his life's memory in? It was almost torture.

He didn't look up from his feet as he trudged through the house, Yoongi right behind him. He grabbed a duffel bag (it was Jimin's, one of the ones he used to take on his business trips) and started searching his room for anything he really wanted to take.

He ended up with mostly Jimin's stuff. Hoodies, shirts, some of the jewelry they shared. He gently stuffed a few pictures in the side pockets as well. He was so absorbed in picking through his things, that he had almost forget Yoongi was with him.

"Anything you want me to grab?" Yoongi asked, looking around the room.

"No. I don't need much."

And he didn't. He packed his clothes, pictures, and his toiletries, and then he was done.

"You sure? Wanna double check?"

Taehyung shook his head, but he did glance around the living room one more time. His eyes stilled on the picture of Jimin on his bookshelf. He really liked that one, it was one of his favorites.

He picked it up gently, running his fingers along the frame to remove any dust lingering. He looked back at the shelf and froze.

"Yoongi."

Yoongi hummed, looking at his phone.

"Yoongi, there's a camera."

The elder's head snapped up, "What?"

"There's a camera. In my house. Oh my fucking god. We need to go."

Yoongi nodded, grabbing his shoulders gently. He lead the younger out of the door while whispering reassurances in his ear. He opened the passenger door and helped Taehyung buckle in. He took the duffel bag and gently put it in the trunk, though wanted to smash it to the ground, knowing how much of Jimin was in there.

Yoongi slipped into the driver's seat with a soft smile, "It'll be okay Taehyungie, I promise."

Taehyung believed him.

-

1120 words