Part 13

He may have slightly lied.

Sure, he did technically have a job as a police officer.

But that was a cover. He couldn't just tell people he was an assassin, now could he?

Plus, he was pretty sure it would come in handy eventually, when it came to Taehyung.

"Do you get cases like this a lot?"

He turned back to Taehyung and tapped his chin, humming in thought, "Stalkers? Yeah, quite a few actually."

"H-how do they usually end?"

"I'm afraid I don't want to tell you that."

"Oh."

"You said you got a package, yeah? What was in it?"

"A note, p-pictures of me, and a hoodie?"

Yoongi clicked his tongue, "It was probably the stalkers hoodie, if I had to guess."

"Th-they said I should wear it. A-and not to disappoint them."

"I see stuff like that a lot. They stalk you because they like you, so they want you to wear their stuff. Usually, if you don't, the stalkers tend to get angry and lash out."

"Lash o-out?"

Yoongi seemed to hesitate, "It can mean a multitude of things."

"Like what? Yoongi please, I-I don't know what to do or expect. Can you help me?"

"Of course Taehyung, anything. But...I'm not sure you'd like to hear some of it. It can be frightening if you're not used to it."

"Please Yoongi Hyung?"

"Stalkers, when you don't do what they say, they tend to...explode. They freak out, which can mean a lot of different things. If they know the people you love, if could get those people hurt."

Taehyung made a noise in the back of his throat at the thought of his only friends getting hurt, especially if it was because of him.

"It could also mean they would hurt you."

He didn't want anyone hurt, ever. Including himself. He wished it would all just go away.

"I'd wear the hoodie, if I were you."

"O-okay."

"But I doubt you want to keep talking about it, so I suggest we go get some ice cream, yeah?"

Taehyung easily let Yoongi take his hand and tug him out if the park, even if they had been there only for about 5 minutes.

"There's this really good ice cream place down the street. My favorite's the peach, because they put actual chunks of peach in it and not that artificial shit that stores have."

"Really?" That was his, too. He loved that ice cream, it was something Jimin used to get for him on his way home sometimes. He bit back a sad smile, "It's my favorite too."

"That's crazy! I actually know the owner, so I bet I can get you a discount," Yoongi winked, making Taehyung laugh slightly. He barely even noticed that Yoongi had yet to let go of his hand.

"Yeah, but that means the business gets less money. The owners probably need it more then I do."

Yoongi waved his hand with a scoff, "They make more money then they know what to do with. They're an all year round, homemade ice cream parlor. Those don't come by often. People flock to them like moths to a flame."