The Talk

⚠️homophobic slurs ⚠️

Emily approaches JJ at the hotel, JJs hotel room to exact, she thinks that it is best to handle this now before it gets to far out of hand.

"Hey jayje, can I talk to you?" Emily asks,

"Yeah sure what's up?" JJ asks "Spencer t-" "heh that f*g what does he want?" "That's what I wanted to talk to you about."

"What do you mean?" JJ asks

"You calling him, a member of this team, a friend of yours and mine the f slur."

JJ let's out a breathy laugh "He's not my friend anymore."

"He's still mine."

They sit in silence for a minute, Emily clears her throat, "You need to treat him with respect JJ."

"How can you defend him, he is a f****t."

"He's my friend and I love him, so does everyone else on the team."

"Wait who else knows?"

"Morgan."

"So we don't know if everyone else on the team is still going to like him."

"But we do know JJ, they will."

Another moment of silence:

"You need to respect him, put this behind you, you need to do that. If you can't take your head out of your ass and see that he is happy with TJ at least be civil enough to work with him and not to bring it up." Emily says getting up from a chair that she was sitting in and leaving the room.

JJ just sighs and goes to bed.

Meanwhile Emily makes her way to Spencers room.

She knocks on the door, Spencer opens it and tells Emily to come inside.

Which she does, she sits on a chair and Spencer sits on the bed.

"I talked to JJ." Emily says,

"Yeah? How'd that go?"

"I told her she needed to respect you and realize that you are happy the way you are."

"And?"

"And she- she is set in her ways. I told her to not bring it up and to be civil enough to work with you still.... I'm sorry Spence."

"It's okay Emily."

"Spencer, I want you to come to me if she says something, then I can report it to the Section Chief."

"What would that do?"

"If we report an agent more then three times they will either get moved to a different unit or they get fired, it all depends on how valuable they are."

"So in JJs case he will be moved to a different unit."

"Maybe, maybe not. Just promise me Spencer."

"I promise." Spencer says getting up, Emily follows suit and leaves. Spencer closes the door and goes to bed.

Emily gets to her room and she as well goes to bed. Not looking forward to deal with JJ and the case in the morning.
————