Date Night

It was finally Friday, the case was done and Spencer was getting ready for the date, he planned it all he has to do is go pick up TJ, he planned the date so that they don't have to drive everywhere, it's all walking distance. Spencer took the train over to the café to pick TJ up, when he arrived he saw the most beautiful man ever, he was literally stopped in place he had his jaw dropped and he was speechless that's how beautiful Spencer found TJ. TJ's reaction was the same as well Spencer looked beautiful in TJs eyes, they both looked amazing, they were wearing suit, not super fancy suits but still suits. Spencer walked up to TJ and said "You look amazing." "You do too Spence. What are we doing first watching a movie or getting dinner?" "Dinner. Dinner then the movie, we are going to this Italian place, i've had it recommended to me many times, The reviews were great." That had that mini conversation and then they left the cafe, they never stopped staring in each others eyes "So Spencer?" TJ asked sounding nervous Spencer hummed in response "Are you out? Like have you told anyone you were gay?" "I haven't told anyone, it never really came up." "Not even to your mother." That struck a sore spot for Spencer, you don't need a profiler to tell you that it did "Uh no I have never told my mother. Uh she has schizophrenia even if I did tell her she would think I was a hallucination and she would just not believe it." "Oh I'm sorry." "It's fine I've dealt with it all my life. I also haven't told my friends. What about you? Have you told anyone?" " i've told my mother and father my mother was supportive but my dad wasn't he kicked me out when I was young because of it. And I've also told all my friends they're all very supportive." They arrive at the restaurant and they get seated they order food and they chat until it comes. "So Spencer tell me about yourself. what are your accomplishments what school did you go to?" " I went to Caltech, I was only 12 at the time I graduated high school at 12 as well, I was the youngest person to join the FBI behavioural analysis unit. I have an IQ of 187, eidetic memory, can read 20,000 words in a minute, I have three PhD's and can speak Russian and Spanish. What about you what school did you go to what are your accomplishments?" TJ responded with a simple " I went to Cornell I also have PhD's I have two of them, I went to school at the age everyone else went to, like I mean I graduated high school at 18 and went to Cornell at 18. I want to go back to school to get my third, for chemistry but at the moment I cannot afford it. Would you ever go back to school to get another one?" " I was thinking about it the other day actually I would probably go back to get my English one but with the job I don't know how to balance it." " maybe we could go back together? I think they'll be fun." "That's a great idea. I've already gotten my chemistry one I could help you out." Spencer offers " yeah that would be very nice thank you, I could help you with your English because that's one that I have." "That'll be wonderful, thank you."
The food comes in they eat, once they finish eating Spencer pays and they walk to the movie theatre they walk in and noticed there's only two types of movies playing horror or romance Spencer turns to TJ and asks "Would you like to see horror or romance?" "I've never really liked romance, we should see horror." Spencer smiles and nods they pay for tickets and snacks and find their seats in the movie theatre they sit in the middle row closer to the edge. TJ turns off his phone, and so does Spencer, Spencer never turns off his phone he just puts it on vibrate but tonight because it's a date he turns it off, that could be the worst thing he could possibly do tonight. The movie starts and they are enjoying it, halfway through the movie a man walks down to close to where TJ and Spencer are, Spencer freezes and looks over at TJ he taps him on his arms and whispers in his ear "Do you see that man in the aisle?" TJ nods "Thats one of my friends and teammates from work." "Oh shit no!" TJ whisper yells Spencer nods frantically "What are you going to do?" "Well he's here because we probably have a case so I'm gonna say goodbye and give you a goodbye kiss if that's OK slip to the bathroom without him noticing me and come back in and ask him what he's doing here." "That's a good idea, I think the kids part is the best part." TJ smiles and leans in to kiss Spencer, Spencer leans in as well, their lips crash together gently, soft and slow, so nice, "That was wonderful thank you. I had a great time tonight, I'll text you when I'm on the jet. Goodnight." "Goodnight." Spencer slips out and a few seconds later he comes back in a taps Morgan on the shoulder "Morgan what are you doing here?" Spencer whisper yells "We have a case, let's go." Spencer nods and follows Morgan out he turns around and waves at TJ. They get out to the car and Morgan looks Spencer up and down and says "Was pretty boy on a date?" "I was." "Ooh whats her name?" "T-." Spencer stops himself and says "Before I tell you I want to tell you something else, but you cannot tell anyone else until I've told the rest of the team." Morgan looks at Spencer quickly and looks back on the road and says "Of course man, what you say to me in confidence will be ours until you're ready to tell everyone." "Thanks Morgan. Ok here goes." Spencer looks around the car to double check that they are alone and says "Don't hate me but. I- I'm a- I'm gay." Spencer mumbles the last part and he wasn't completely sure Morgan heard him until he says "Why would I hate you for that? You are still Dr. Spencer Reid, kid genius. You Spence are still you, you are still my little brother and you always will be. I love you man." Spencer starts to cry a little bit and say "Thank you so much Derek." "So whats his name." This gains a wet chuckle from Spencer before he answers "Timothy Jacob or TJ." They arrive at the BAU and get out of the car "Hey Morgan?" "Yeah Kid?" Morgan turns to face Spencer, Spencer hugs him and he says "Thank you for being you and don't call me kid." Morgan hugs him back and says "No problem," They release and they go to the conference room. "Whoa Spence hot date?" JJ asks "Very much so." Spencer says "What's her name." Spencer and Morgan's make eye contact and laugh a little until Morgan says "Your not gonna get it out of him, I've tried." "Yeah, you know Morgan, when you picked me up at the theatres I was shocked that you didn't see us." "You missed boy wonders date!" Garcia shouts "It was dark I couldn't see!" Morgan defends. With that they brief and they are off to the jet.
———