Moving 2.0

DISCLAIMER! I DO NOT OWN ALL OF THESE CHARACTERS! ALL RIGHTS TO THESE CHARACTERS GO TO THEIR RESPECTIVE ORIGINAL CREATORS! I ONLY OWN THE STORY AND OC'S! ENJOY!!

         Peter walked slow and carefully into the room, so as not to wake Kelly, who still slept in his arms. They had walked all the way back to Avengers tower from the hospital, where there was a bit of an awkward encounter with Izuku. Upon seeing Kelly in Peter's arms, Izuku gave Peter a look of disbelief, pride, anger, understanding, and so many other emotions all at once that it was hard to pin them all down.

         Of all those emotions that got shown, the main one Peter could see was relief. Finally, Izuku had walked up to him, and they discussed the general details of Kelly's rescue. After Izuku left to go back to Eri's room, Peter, still fully suited as Spider-Man, carried Kelly into her hospital room where the doctor did a comprehensive physical of the young girl before turning to Peter.

         "So... Spider-Man... I was able to do a complete physical on her, and can assure you that she is perfectly fine. The condition you found her in must not have been the case for very long, as there's no trace of hypothermia from the cold water, no severe dehydration from her body trying to take in the water around it and forcing internal fluids out, no decomposition of the skin, no fungal infections... nothing. She's got a clean bill of health." Peter nodded in his suit.

         "Good, good... listen, I've been looking into her background, and I can't find anything on her in this area.  You just built a medical profile on her, can't you do a search on her, see if there's something out there on her? By her own omission she's an orphan but-" The doctor had a pained look in his eyes. "Oh don't tell me..."

         "I'm sorry Spider-Man, but I don't need to try and find a matching file, because I already found HER file. Full name is Kelly Elise Morrison. Her parents died last year in a car wreck in Brooklyn on the way to Coney Island. Kelly herself only survived because of a lucky malfunction in her carseat, causing it to bounce around in the car, allowing her to just barely survive. Add the squishy body of a baby on top of that, and she didn't even hardly get injured."

         "Damnit." Peter put his head in his hands as he sat down in the chair next to Kelly. "I... I... I had just hoped that- maybe she was wrong..." Peter sighed heavily. "What about known relatives?" The doctor looked at his clipboard, which had a printed copy of Kelly's file on it.

         "She was living with her grandma over the past year, but grandma passed away last month of old age, Kelly went into foster care, and then vanished about a week ago, until now. No report got filed because none of the people there even remember having her there. She's apparently been wiped from their memories entirely." Peter looked at Kelly the entire time the doctor spoke.

         "So what action would need to be taken legally from here?" The doctor sighed, knowing just what was being asked.

         "Legally, I can't let her leave with you. Not only is your identity hidden, but you have no legal authority over her well being, meaning I can't let her leave with you." Peter dropped his head once again. "But-" Peter looked up again. "With nowhere else to go, as we can't keep her here in the hospital if she isn't being treated, then my only choice is to send her to, I'd assume Avengers tower, with you. I also expect you to take proper legal action to put her in the care she needs to be in." A quick wink from the doctor told Peter everything he needed to know.

         "Alright... I'll get that done." Peter extended his hand to the doctor. "Thank you."

         "Don't mention it Spider-Man. But remember, this is only happening because no other action can be taken over her. Don't make me regret this."