EIGHT

The Other Innit | Wilbur Soot

⚠️ i think you could say internalized homophobia and panic attacks, also a lot of feelings. i was feeling angst today

Wilbur didn't know what to feel

Wilbur didn't know what to feel. Lucas and Tommy left last night and his house never felt so big and lonely. He was very proud of moving away from his parents place at 18, but now that he was alone, he missed the noise.

He missed his father's singing while he cooked, he missed his mother meaningless but really funny rambling, he missed his neighbors dogs barking at unholy hours, he missed his home. His house was a good house, but right now it didn't felt like a home.

Tommy had messaged him when they got home to warn Wilbur they were safe, but Lucas stayed in a complete silence. And that nearly broke Wilbur.

Had Wilbur done something wrong? Did he said something that weirded out the other boy? Had Lucas realized how boring Wilbur was? Was Lucas just being friendly because he was friends with his younger brother? Why was Lucas radio silent?

Why did it matter so much to Wilbur?

Why his approval and attention mattered so much?

Why Wilbur craved for a look, a word, a sound, a breath, a thought? Why his heart and his mind screamed for Lucas?

Wilbur's mind felt like a endless maze. He wasn't sure where to go or what to do. So, in the middle of his train wreck of thought he decided he needed help. But not any help. His mom's help.

It was currently 5AM, he hadn't slept for a minute but he jumped into his car and drove 2 hours until he got to his childhood home. He wasn't going to be there at least for one or two months.

—-

There was a persistent knock on the door of the Gold Household. Joan was not expecting any visitors, especially that early in the morning, but the moment she opened the door to her very disheveled and quite shivering son. He was most definitely not wearing clothes according to the weather as he was not wearing shoes and his shirt was backwards, but all of that didn't matter when she saw his eyes. They were distant and confused just as when she told him that they couldn't visit grandpa anymore because he went on a really long trip.

"Oh, my soul, what have they done to you?"

And that's when his tears decided to run loose.

——

Will found himself laying down on the sofa with his head on his mother's lap. She ran her fingers though his hair patiently waiting for the tears run dry.

When he could finally breath again he told his mom what had rocked his world so hard that his heart seemed that would explode.

"I don't know what's happening to me, mum. It hurts so bad."