FOURTEEN

⚠️ TW: mentions of cheating and abandonment. Dead beat father and violence.
I'm really sorry father innit ;-;

The Other Innit | Wilbursoot

"You should talk to Tommy. He is worried about you." Wilbur said from his bed. They got back from Amsterdam yesterday late at night. Angela just hugged both boys and Tommy was already asleep.

Lucas stopped pacing around and laid down by Wilbur's side. "What am I supposed to tell him?" He placed a pillow over his head.

"Tell him the truth. I know we call him a child but he is mature enough to know the truth." Wil was just laid on his side, holding his head in hand.

''He knows the truth.'' The voice was muffled and watery.

''He knows what happened. He doesn't know what it did to you. He doesn't know how it shaped his life.'' Wil tried to take the pillow off the other's head.

''I don't want to bring more grief and hate to his heart. I don't want him to turn out like me."

"You are his hero, Luc. Let him know you."

"I don't wanna disappoint him." Lucas finally let Wilbur take the pillow away. Underneath it he found vulnerable eyes. Eyes that conquered his heart and soul.

"You won't. He loves you."

Lucas wished those words were true.

---

Later that day Lucas and Tommy left to walk around and breath some fresh air.

"Can we stop at the park with the pretzel shop?" Tommy mumbled after many moments of silence.

"Of course Tom." Lucas turned the car so they went to the right street.

Tommy sat in the grass by a big tree. Years ago Lucas brought him there to tell him their dad was leaving. Tommy didn't understand why he had to leave. They were happy together right?

He remembered that night, all the tears and screaming. But he never knew exactly what happened. One day they were a happy family, on the other his father left, his mom was in shambles and Lucas was different.

So he grew up raised by his mom and brother with a father that lived in the same city but never present. He also knew that in less than 4 month his father married someone and build up an entire family with that person.

Lucas laid down besides him and handed him a pretzel with chocolate and a coke. They stayed in silence until Tommy had the strength to break it.

"I'm here." He whispered. "You can talk to me or not, but I'm here."

Lucas had to swallow a few tears before speaking. "You know what happened that night?" Please don't.

"Just that we came back home, they fought, we hid and he left to never come back." He ruined my childhood, please don't let him ruin yours.