Ten

*Jack's POV*

"Hey (Y/N)? (Y/N)!" I run through the factory, trying to find her. I haven't seen her since we got back, since the weird sleigh ride. Since she smiled at me and touched my face.

"Come on mate, hurry up or we're leavin' without her!" Bunny shouts, obviously impatient.

"We can't just leave her here!" I yell back, "just gimme a few more minutes."

"Mate—"

"Be quick, Jack!" North cuts him off, and I keep running to find her. Where would she go? She'd want somewhere quiet and alone, probably hard to get to. Somewhere where she could think...

"The roof," I mutter, leaping out the closes window and riding an upwards draft to above the factory, scanning the massive structure for any sign of her. It only take a me a second to spot the tiny figure, standing on top of the roof, her arms spread wide.

I swoop down to her, alighting behind her and stopping dead. She's glowing, like she does when she's happy, or when she's doing her thing with love.

"(Y/N)?" I ask, stepping carefully towards her.

"Hi Jack!" she grins, whipping around to face me. "I love it up here."

"Y-yeah," I frown, inspecting her face. She's high, I just don't know what she's taken. "So... what are you on?"

"MDMA," she answers, like I just asked what the time is.

"Wait but I—" I threw away the packet she had, emptied the contents into a pond and froze the water. There's no way she could have gotten it.

"Can't stop me, Jack. I'm very resourceful." She smiles again, flitting closer to me. Her cheeks are flushed, her pupils dilated despite the brightness of the day, and up this close I can see the baby hair sticking to her forehead with sweat.

It's just like Jamie's roof, her looking up at me, so close I can feel the heat of her skin through the air between us. I place a hand on her forehead, pulling away when she gasps. She's hot, so hot.

"Do that again," she breathes, her eyes closed.

"No, (Y/N), you need to get it together. The others are looking for you, we're going. Easter needs us."

"I don't like Easter very much," she sighs. "We should just stay here. You and me, Jack."

"Don't do this, (Y/N)."

"Why not?" She frowns, moving even closer to me. I should stop her before she does anything she'll regret, before one or both of us get hurt.

But I can't. I can't stop her as she places both her unnaturally warm hands behind my head, can't stop her as she pulls me even closer to her, can't stop her from pressing her lips against mine, her fingers tangling in my hair. And I can't stop myself from kissing her back, even though I know she doesn't really want this, I can't stop my hands finding her waist, can't stop the frantic pounding of my heart and the roaring of blood in my ears. And I don't even know if I want to.

We both jump as someone clears their throat, turning to see Tooth hovering behind us.

"Tooth," I say, "I... uh, I found (Y/N)."

"I found Jack," (Y/N) grins.

"Tooth, can you help me out here?" I ask her, shoving (Y/N) forwards.

Tooth glances between the two of us, frowning. "Sure," she says slowly, flitting around to beside me. "What the hell is going on?" she hisses.

"She's high," I whisper back, "I don't know how long it'll last."