Eighteen

*Jack's POV*

I watch as Jamie throws more snowballs at his friends, and soon everyone joins in. (Y/N) flashes into a view a few times to add her own missiles to the fray, but is too quick to get hit at all. A few of the kids proclaim it unfair that she can teleport, to which she just laughs.

"Your centre?" North asks, coming to stand beside me.

"It took a while," I admit, "but I figured it out."

He nods, smiling, then tosses me something small and hard. I catch it, looking down at my hand to see a tiny figure of a boy wearing a blue hoody and smiling. Me.

I give a huff of laughter, then smile at North. I'm about to thank him when there's an explosion of snow from behind his head. He turns around to face two kids and an elf, all three looking guilty.

"It was him!" the kids both say, pointing to the poor elf.

"Hah!" North shouts, "you are all on naughty list!" He gathers a handful of snow, throwing it towards Bunny. "Bunny, think fast!"

Suddenly, something cold and wet is shoved down my back, and I jump. "Wha--?" I splutter, looking around for my assailant.

(Y/N) stands behind me, grinning from ear to ear with another handful of snow at the ready.

"That's cold!" I protest, shaking the back of my hoodie to get it out.

"Well duh," she says, "it's snow."

Quickly, I bend and grab a handful, shoving it all in her face. She freezes, gasping in shock and brushing it off, looking at me like she can't quite believe it.

"Actions have consequences," I grin, flicking a piece out of her hair.

"Sometimes I bloody hate you, Jack," she mutters.

"Nah, you love me."

"Yeah, I do," she smiles sheepishly, then stretches up and kisses me.

"Maybe I should shove snow in your face more often," I murmur.

"It's my job to shoot people with arrows, do you really think that's a good idea?"

"You missed Pitch the last few times, I'm willing to take the risk."

"Oh fuck, Pitch!" She gasps, spinning around.

As if on cue, he staggers over a small hill towards us, one hand clamped over his arm where (Y/N) shot him.

"You dare have fun in my presence?" he's saying. "I am the boogeyman, and you will fear me!" He runs forwards towards the kids, but stops when Jamie passes right through him. He looks up, straight at (Y/N).

She stares back at him, unflinching.

"No," he whispers, staring at us. Then he turns and runs, stumbling, away from the kids and into the trees.

"Come on," (Y/N) says, jumping a few metres forward, then checking that we're following her. We do, chasing them through the trees until we reach a pond.

Pitch stumbles, looking behind him at (Y/N) and me, so he fails to notice North right in front of him and crashes into the big man's chest.

"Leaving the party so soon?" he asks.

"And you didn't even say goodbye," Tooth says, feigning being offended. She tosses him a coin, her hands on her hips.

"A quarter?" Pitch asks, scrambling backwards.

Tooth lunges, punching him hard in the mouth and sending a tooth flying. Pitch grunts, falling backwards and clutching at his mouth.

"And that's for my fairies," Tooth says, smiling tightly.