Chapter 4.

[Jay]

I awakened the next morning, or rather afternoon, with a hangover. There was water on my bedside table with paracetamol, so I quickly took it and sat up.

The party yesterday had been great. It reminded me of the parties we used to have in the early days of The Wanted. Those were good times.

I couldn't hear much of anything coming from downstairs so I headed there to see the mess we'd made. Luckily for us, most of the people seemed to have left before I'd woken up.

"Oh hi there Jay, you surprised me."

Hailey was in the middle of stuffing things into a bin bag in the kitchen. "How are you feeling?"

"Alright I guess. Did you put the paracetamol on my bedside table?"

"Yes. I thought you might need it."

"Well I definitely did, so thanks for that."

I sat on one of the stools as she continued picking things up. "What are you doing?"

"Cleaning."

"Oh you don't have to do that. It's our job."

"I want to" she smiled. "Besides, I've already done a lot."

One glance at the living room told me that she'd definitely been busy. I suppose that's the advantage of not drinking alcohol the night before.

"Where's Harry?"

"He had to leave, but he helped out a lot."

"Here, let me help you. I feel bad to let you do all this."

How long had she been awake? I couldn't believe that she'd just clean up like that. Had I come across a saint?

"Morning guys." Nathan yawned and walked into the kitchen. "Wow, you guys cleaned up already?"

"Hailey did. She was up doing this."

"Oh thank you. We owe you one."

"I'll hold you to that" she smiled.

"Anything we can do in return?"

"I wouldn't mind a lift home. Or maybe into town actually, I have some shopping to do."

"So do we actually" Nathan piped up. "We're not quite finished equipping the house."

"You could come along and give us a feminine touch."

"Sure, I don't mind. I just need to eat first, I'm starving!"

Nathan made his famous scrambled eggs for us. The other boys eventually awakened and came to join us as we made a plan for the day.

"Nathan and I are going into town with Hailey, anyone want to come?"

"I wouldn't mind" said Max.

"I've got to get home to my wife" apologized Tom. "I don't want to leave her for much longer."

"That's understandable. Siva, I presume you're leaving too?"

"No, I'd just rather stay here and relax."

We went out to town in Nathan's car. Hailey sat in the back and made a list of what we needed so we could be organized.

"I have to know something" I started as we walked through the store. "Why did you clean up back there? You didn't have to."

"I like cleaning. Besides, I figured that you'd take a while to wake up and you wouldn't really feel like cleaning, so I did my part. It's what friends do."

That made me smile. "I wish I had more friends like you!"

Our shopping trip took a while, but it was fun doing it all together. By the time we took Hailey home it was evening, but she assured me that she'd had a good time.

"What's next for you boys?"

"Well we have a single coming out very soon, so look out for that. Then we'll be touring and performing for a bit."

"Sounds busy."

"It is, but it's only for a while."

"I'll definitely try to catch one of the dates."

"Don't worry, I'll get you tickets."

I saw her off inside before returning home to the now clean house. I knew that soon life would start to get a bit busier, so I started thinking of things I wanted to get done before then.

I've never been around the place Hailey works I thought to myself. I'd go there sometime.

"Your friend's nice" Nathan said as he collapsed onto the sofa beside me. "Seems like a real gem."

"I'm glad you think so. Yeah, she was a good encounter."

"Can't believe you met over a charity drink!"

"Crazier things have happened" I shrugged. "Do you know when the single's being released?"

"Not yet but supposedly our manager's telling us soon."

"Alright then. In the meantime, I think I'm going to enjoy some Avatar." I got up and put the DVD in the drive, ready for a cozy night in.