Chapter 16.

[Hailey]

I heard a familiar voice call my name as I played with the kids and everything seemed to stop around me. Jay's presence brought back all the feelings that had been building up, and before I knew it, I was running up to him and kissing him.

"I missed you so much" he breathed in between kisses. "I love you."

"I love you too."

"Will you be my girlfriend?"

"Of course I will."

I could barely let go of him all evening. I was staying in the same caravan as Lucy so our boyfriends just joined us there. I'd slept with Jay before, but not in a romantic way, so it was a bit different, albeit exciting.

"I'm really glad you're here" I smiled.

"Me too."

"Does that mean everything's over?"

"I'm not sure."

"I think it is. Now that we're together and protected, I think we should contact the police."

"That's a good idea, let's do it tomorrow."

Jay and I talked for a lot of the night, telling each other all kinds of things.

"Who was your first kiss?" Jay asked. "I'm curious."

"Oh" I blushed. "It was Nathan."

"Nathan? As in Nathan Sykes?"

"Yeah."

"How'd that happen?"

"We had a thing once."

I told him all about what had happened when we'd stopped speaking to each other.

"So... did you guys ever go any further?"

"No" I laughed.

"Okay. Can't say I'm unhappy about that."

"I'll bet you are" I laughed. "Besides, I'm in no hurry. I have to get a boyfriend first to even think of going further with anyone."

"Well you've accomplished step one" Jay smirked before kissing me.

The next day we got in contact with the police with the information we had. They'd advanced on the case and were able to make arrests within a couple of days. We were finally able to go home and were reunited with the other guys and their wives. Life went back to normal but things had changed for me: now Jay and I were a couple. Things were going well between us and I was just happy to be with him after all this time.

Career-wise, I eventually wanted a change. Lucy wanted me to come work for her as she was becoming very successful, and I accepted. It was the perfect time to start over, especially since Jay wanted me to move in with him. We bought a house together and lived there, not far from London. Lucy now lived with Nathan, and she had her own studio where we worked every day.

Time passed and eventually Jay asked me to marry him. We got married and decided to take our time having children. Lucy was having fertility problems, so I spent a lot of time helping her out. She especially needed it when she had two miscarriages. In time though she managed to have a child, a beautiful daughter. I had two daughters myself, and we shared that joy together.

Sometimes Jay and I would go back to the bar where we first met to have a drink and reminisce. Who would have thought it could go this far? Just two strangers bonding over a drink.