Chapter 15.

[Hailey]

When I woke up, I was no longer next to Jay. I was on a bed in a locked room. Footsteps approached the door and it flew open, revealing a man.

"Hello?"

"Hi Hailey. Slept well?"

I instantly knew that it was the guy behind all of this. "So it's you."

He smirked. "Yes, it's me."

"Who are you?"

"Come out here and I'll tell you."

I was led to a living room area where I sat at a table. Other people were in the room, a woman and some men. "My name is Eric."

"What's your problem with us?"

"Honestly, I have no problem with you. But Lucy, that's another story."

"What did she do to you?"

He laughed. "You asked the right question. You see, Lucy used to be my girlfriend. I gave her everything I was, but she left me in the dust."

"That happens to a lot of people."

"Yeah, well I'm not like a lot of people. Lucy needs to pay for what she did, and I'm making sure that she does with the help of my sister and friends."

So that's who the other people were.

"How did you always know where we were?"

"My sister used to work for the government, she knows a lot about finding people."

He stood up. "Enough talk for now, let's proceed with the plan." They came towards me with a cloth, and everything went black.

[Jay]

Hailey had been taken and we had limited time to find her. We knew that she was somewhere where water was coming in, so we searched and brainstormed until we found the box she was being held in, near to a lake.

Once we'd freed her, we decided that maybe it would be wise that we split up, so we sent the girls off to my cousin in Ireland.

Except that when we got there two weeks later, the girls weren't there. The cousin I'd sent them to had moved, and the girls were lost.

We tried to find them without much success, until a man approached us one day when we were shopping for supplies.

"Are you the boys from The Wanted?"

"Yes..." I responded cautiously.

"Hailey and Lucy are looking for you."

"You know where they are?" Nathan's interest was immediate.

"Yes, and I can take you to them."

"Let's go right now."

We didn't even question whether it was a trap or not, because we were full of hope that we'd actually see the girls again.

"Where are the girls?"

"In a traveler camp. They were found by one of the young boys there in the forest. They took them back by horseback and they've been there ever since."

"How are they doing?"

"Fine apparently. Just looking for you. We travelers were looking out for you and I was lucky enough to find you guys."

"We're very grateful for all this. Let us know how we can repay you."

He chuckled. "You don't have to repay me. Well, maybe you can get my family some tickets for your next concert."

"It's a deal." Max shook his hand and it was sealed.

We drove quite a long way to the camp, at least it seemed that way to us. I hadn't stopped thinking of Hailey since she'd left and I couldn't wait to say everything I hadn't said.

"We're here boys." The man, named Brian, pulled up in front of a caravan. "I heard that the girls are staying with my cousin Brenda. Let me go check."

He knocked on the door and they chatted a bit, then he motioned to us to follow. "One's in here" Brenda said, knocking on the door. "Lucy!"

The door flung open and Lucy set eyes on us, immediately running to Nathan. "Nathan! I can't believe you're here!"

He held her in his arms and they kissed for an uncomfortably long period of time.

"Where's Hailey?"

"She's down at the playground with the kids. Brenda can take you."

Brenda kindly showed me the way and I began walking, eager to see Hailey again. This time I'd tell her how I really felt, no hold backs. Almost losing her had taught me that life was too short.