Shitty Coffee

Jack did cry that night, after he was left alone. Mars and Sarah had done everything they could to help him out, Crutchie stopped by as well but no one else could make it that night. Davey was still unconscious, Jack had zoned out just watching the heart monitor. Around midnight he fell asleep, but it didn't last long.

A rapid beeping had woken him up around 3 that morning, Jack had sat up and rubbed his eyes, looking out the window at the moon. He had groaned and rolled back over in his chair, trying to sleep again. Barely taking time to close his eyes, the beepings became one solid alarm ringing out through the room. Davey had flatlined. His heart had stopped. Jack lunged at him in a desperate attempt to wake him up. It's not like he could do anything, what power did he have?None, he had none to save him, none to bring him back. Someone or something pulled him out of the room, or attempted to. Jack had fought back as hard as he could, the beeping became distant as he was pulled further.

And then he woke up.

Cheeks stained with tears, body aching and tired, he would throw himself back down on the chair and cry more. This happened over and over, the same nightmare every night for a week. It got to the point Jack didn't want to sleep at all, and he didn't.

He hadn't hit rock bottom in a very long time, and he swore to himself he would never hit it again because it hurt too much. But I guess those types of things are inevitable. So here Jack was, sitting by the hospital bed at 3 in the morning, no more tears left to cry, no Davey. And this was his breaking point.

Jack must have fallen asleep again later that night, zoning out staring at the heart monitor. He woke up to the sun spilling into the room from the huge window that overlooked Manhattan. Jack had painted that skyline a million and one times, he never got tired of it. But lately he was tired of everything.

He rolled over in the chair grabbing his phone that he had forgotten to plug in last night. Jack mumbled a string of swears under his breath. With just enough battery to check the time before it died, he realized he was late for class, again. He stood up, running a hand through his hair and packed up his sketchbook and pencils. He slung his backpack over his shoulder, his eyes barely open as he headed for the door.

"Is the coffee here good or shitty like everywhere else?"

Jack didn't hesitate to answer, he hated hospital coffee, "Shitty like everywhere else."

Wait a minute.

Jack spun around, seeing Davey upright in bed and wasting no time running at him with a kiss. Davey winced causing Jack to pull away all too quickly and just opt for a hug.

"I missed you too." Davey kissed his cheek, holding him close. Jack just cried again, happy this time, relieved. He wanted to stay in Davey's arms all day. And that's exactly what happened.

A/N Im sorry its so short, I just wanted to give this to you guys so you knew it would be ok-