First Day Official

It was turning 10 am when you first opened your eyes. Yesterday was such a long, exhausting crazy day that you and Hailee both passed out fairly quickly. Hailee fell asleep first and you laid there for a little while after just feeling blessed to have her be officially your girlfriend. You didn't want to be creepy and watch her sleep but you couldn't help but want to look at her beautiful face as it fell peacefully to sleep. When you opened your eyes in the morning, the sun shining through the crack in the curtain accented Hailee's face perfectly giving her a beautiful morning glow. You scoot closer to her and give her a gentle kiss on her forehead while quietly saying her name.  

"Hailee... babygirl... time to wake up..." 

"just a few more minutes" she whispers back barely audible, not even opening her eyes to acknowledge that she is awake. 

"how about you sleep some more while I make us some breakfast?" you try to compromise. 

"mmmhmmm" she hums as she buries her head back into the pillow and throws the blanket over her trying to make herself invisible. 

You head downstairs and open the fridge to see what you could make. You decide on a little breakfast platter with hard boiled eggs, avocado toast, and some fresh cut fruit. You put the kettle on the stove to heat up some water for tea. Once the kettle goes off you let the tea bag seep in the the hot water, while you plate the food. Putting it all on a tray you carry it up to your bedroom placing it on the nightstand. Crawling back into bed you again wake up Hailee with soft gentle kisses all over face while saying her name. Finally a small smile cracks on her face knowing she is awake and just soaking in all of your morning kisses. She rolls over and takes your head in her hands and pulls you in to connect lips. When you separate you help her sit up and bring over the tray. 

"ooo this looks good. thank you for breakfast." hailee says as she leans over and gives you a kiss on the cheek. 

"you are very welcome" you say as you bring your cup of tea to your lips. "Do you have anything scheduled today?" 

"Nothing to important, I just need to prep for some meetings that I have tomorrow and I have dinner with the family at Griffins house." Hailee responds as she takes a big bite of her avocado toast. 

"I normally go for a hike on Sundays to help start the week off with a clear refreshed mind. You are more than welcome to join me if you'd like." you offer, hesitant that she'd accept. 

"that actually sounds like a good idea. Would you have something I could change into so I wouldn't have to go home?" she asks. 

"yeah I think I can manage to find you something." you say as you get up and go to your closet to pull out an adidas workout outfit.

"How about this?" you say holding it up for Hailee to see.  

"Ooo thats cute. I like that. this being girlfriend thing has its benefits." 

"whats that?" you ask confused.

"double the wardrobe!" Hailee laughs as she grabs the clothes out of your hands. You point her in the direction of the bathroom and get her a towel and toothbrush so she can shower and get ready. 

Once you hear her shower turn off, you jump into your own. Once you and Hailee are both ready, you get into your car and head off to your favorite canyon trail. While you drive, you reach over and place your hand on Hailee's thigh and slowly trace your fingertips up and down her thigh gently. Hailee looks over at you and smiles big as she puts her hand in yours and switches her position so she is leaning closer to you. You pull into the parking lot and park the car.  You and Hailee walk over to the trail map and decide on taking the short 2 mile hike just so she has time to head home and prepare for her meetings and still make dinner with her family. You both begin to walk in silence, taking in the view of nature around you. The silence wasn't awkward like you expected it would be, instead there was a comfort in knowing that you could just be with Hailee without needing to say anything at all.