Save the Day

The shop has been so busy since Hailee kept her end of the deal and posted a picture wearing your top. The pandemic has kept the amount of people visiting the shop low but online sales have skyrocketed. You've had to hire a few people to run the shop while you have spent most of your time designing new tops for the next collection. You haven't spent much time sleeping since you knew this new collection had to be even better than your first. You didn't want to let the shop down with its new found fame. 

You sat in the office, the one that you and Hailee were in just weeks prior. The memory still comes to your mind every time you step into the office. Whenever you start to feel stressed, you close your eyes and put yourself back to that day. Your body still tingles remembering how it felt to be in her arms even if it was just for a few seconds. You can still remember how amazing she smelled. 

*changes over to Hailee's POV*

"Hailee!" Patrick yells as you enter the studio. Today you are working on a music video for your new song. It has been a while since you've put anything out and you know your fans are getting inpatient. You have been saying soon for a lot longer than soon was ever meant to be. You've written a lot of songs to make an album but by the time you were done filming whatever movie you were working on, something new would come along. By the time you had time for music, the songs just didn't have much meaning to your life anymore. You finally had some time that you dedicated to your music after filming the first season of Dickinson. You didn't have a movie to work on and you recently had a bad break up with your boyfriend so you decided it was time to put some new songs out. You had wrote a small EP, 5 songs in total, all dealing with the break up. Now it was time to release the first song with a new music video. 

You gave Patrick a quick hug before sitting in your chair. While Patrick did your make up, you both chatted about what was going on in each others lives and how the pandemic was affecting your work life. 

Cheri came rushing into the room. She looked stressed. 

"Mom, what's wrong?" you ask sounding worried. 

"I got a call from Rob, he woke up running a fever and has to be quarantined. He is unable to come today with the clothes." Cheri said with a slight panic in her voice. 

"Oh no! We have to get this video done between today and tomorrow or else I will have to delay the release! I don't want to put this off any longer!" 

"If we can't do the video today and tomorrow, I won't be able to do your makeup since I have the release of my own collection in the next week and will be too busy" Patrick chimed in. 

"Mom what do we do? Is there any way to get the clothes from Rob? Maybe Mariel can bring them?" You ask. 

"Since Rob has to be quarantined, so do the clothes. No one is able to get them" Cheri responds. 

The clothes were coming from a local small designer that Rob and Mariel were working with. You loved the idea because you wanted to support local businesses during the pandemic. You had your choice of big time designers but it just didn't feel like it fit the theme of the song. You were making a music video for the song "End this L.O.V.E." Its a song all about what LOVE isn't, all based on how your ex hurt you.  Fancy clothes just didn't fit the theme you wanted. You wanted the video to have a little darker vibe. 

"I am going to make some calls around and see what I can pull together. Hailee if you have any ideas let me know." Cheri said as she started dialing numbers on her phone and walked to the other side of the room. 

You started going through your phone looking at your contacts when you got an Instagram notification. You've been following the shop ever since you posted the picture in the top as part of your deal. You click the notification and it opens up to (Y/N)s Instagram. It was a picture of some FedEx boxes with the caption "New collection in! Can't wait to show you guys!" 

"THATS IT!" you yell out. 

Cheri hustles over "Is everything ok?" 

"I got an idea mom! remember the shop that saved me from the paps that one day! she just got her new collection in that no one has seen yet, what if I ask her to use the new collection for the video!" Hailee asked excitedly. 

"If that is what you want Hailee. This is your music video after all." 

Hailee grabs the business card out of her bag and dials the number. 

*changes over to (Y/N) POV*

You were lost in thought in your office, still reliving the day with Hailee, when your phone started to ring. You jumped almost falling out of your chair. You pick up your phone but you didn't recognize the number. 

"Hello?" you answer. 

"Hey is this (Y/N)?" the voice asked. 

You recognize the voice and immediately lost your breathe unable to respond. 

"Hello? anyone there?" (Y/N)?" 

You managed to be able to take a breathe and stutter in response. 

"y-y-yes this is her." 

You were in complete disbelief that Hailee was on the other end of the line. 

"Hey its Hailee, how are you?" 

"I am alright, a little shocked you are a calling!" you admit. 

"I feel bad coming to you again in a moment of chaos but I was hoping you can save the day for me one more time." Hailee said with a small laugh to her voice. 

"Is it the paps again?" you jokingly respond. 

"No, its actually a fashion emergency. My designer woke up sick and I am suppose to shoot a music video today. I no longer have any outfits for the shoot. I saw on your Instagram that you got your new collection in and I was wondering if maybe we can make another deal?" 

You paused for a second realizing what you just heard. You start to internally panic at the fact that Hailee follows your Instagram. 

"You want to use my new collection for your video? You haven't even seen it" you respond back. 

"I don't need to. If it is anything like the other stuff in your shop it will be perfect! Can you bring over a few outfits? We will pay you for your time and the clothes! I am just a few blocks away at the studio. I can send my mom to pick you up. You would really be saving the day!" Hailee said sounding a little desperate. 

You didn't need to think about this for a second. It would be great promotion for the shop and the new collection. You also wouldn't miss out on a chance to hang out with Hailee again. 

"Ok! I am in. Send your mom to the back gate again, I can be ready in a half hour." you reply. 

"OHHH YES! PERFECT! Mom will be there! Thank you so much (Y/N) you are truly saving the day! I OWE YOU BIG!" Hailee screamed in excitement.