Lazy Hammock Day

After the morning trip to the cafe, you and Hailee throw on your bikinis and crawl into the hammock next to the pool. The day was hot but there was nice breeze and the hammock is in the shade which kept it comfortable. Hailee cuddled up onto your chest, your arm gently tracing up and down her back. You both stayed fairly quiet for a while, soaking in the comfort of each other and the calmness of the quiet nature. 

Hailee broke the silence first. 

"I could stay like this forever." 

You reach up and interlock your fingers with Hailee's and rest your hands on your chest. 

"Me too. Just imagine, us in 10 years, 2 kids splashing and playing in the pool while we lay here and sip cold lemonade and laugh together." you reply back. 

Hailee turned her body resting her chin on her hand on your chest as she looks up at you. 

"two kids huh?" Hailee questioned. 

"yeah it seemed to work out pretty great with you and Griffin. I grew up with a big family and I wouldn't mind having my own small one." 

"I like that idea. It was nice having an older brother to protect me and annoy." Hailee says as she rest her head back down on your chest. Her hand gently tracing up and down your clavicle. 

"I could handle taking them to school and bring them to visit you on set. Summers we could travel with you on tour. I could homeschool if we need. As a kid I would have loved to travel more." You start throwing ideas out. 

"What if they don't want to travel?" Hailee questioned. 

"Isn't that what grandparents are for?" you laugh. 

"True! They keep bugging about grandkids." 

You lean down kissing the top of Hailee's head. You let your mind start to envision the possibility of this future coming true. 

"I think it would be nice if our daughter was interested in designing. I could hand off the shop to her or maybe expand it and open more shops." 

"aww yeah I like that idea a lot." Hailee replied as she sat up to place a gentle kiss on your lips. 

"mmm" you hum as you kiss her back. 

You pull her body in closer to yours as you pull her head in again for another kiss this time deepening it , sliding your tongue into her mouth and meeting hers. Hailee pushes her hand against your chest pulling away from the kiss. She looks at you lovingly in the eyes. 

"I love you." she whispers as she brings her face in close to yours nuzzling her nose against yours. 

"I love you more" you whisper back before reconnecting your lips. 

"As much as I could lay here and kiss you all day, we should probably get ready for family dinner." Hailee says as she sits up and starts to get off the hammock. You quickly pull her back against you. 

"NOOOOO not yet"

"Babe, I know! I don't want to get up either but I still have to stop at the store and get wine and I don't want to get stuck in traffic!" 

"fine fine but promise me something Hailee."

"what?" 

"promise me that no matter where our future takes us, we always make time for lazy days in the hammock together?" 

"that's a no brainer. I promise!" 

You both kiss and then head into the house to get ready. 

Note: surprise! please don't take this as me being completely back but I felt the urge to write now that things are getting a bit more settled. I know this was short cute chapter.