Resolution.

Mature Chapter. Hope it makes up for the long break I took. 

*TRIGGER WARNING: BRIEF MENTION OF SUICIDAL THOUGHTS*

Standing in the parking lot, a few feet away from Hailee, tears still continued to pour down your cheek. Hailee stood up from the car and opened her driver door. Right as she went to get in you made one final effort to get her to hear you out. 

"I'm not them." you stated. Hailee paused still looking away from you. 

"I'm not your past and you aren't mine. You proved that the night we had sex. You broke a wall that no one was ever able to break, not even Jenny. I know you have your walls up and you have every right to with what your past relationships have done to you, but I am not them." 

Hailee refused to meet your gaze. You stood there for a minute and when she didn't respond you turned to walk away feeling as if you just lost her for good. 

"I'll hear you out" Hailee said. 

You pause mid step. You slowly turn around "you will?" you ask. 

"I haven't been perfect in this relationship either, especially with the whole Cameron thing so I will hear you out. I'll meet you at your place." Hailee says then gets into her car and shuts the door starting her engine. You get into your car and head to your place. You pull into the drive way and wait in your car until you see her car pull in too. You get out of your car and wait for her to exit hers and walk up to you. You can't help but to smile when you see her walk towards you. Hailee goes to walk past you up to your door but you grab her wrist and pull her back towards you. You wrap you arms around her in a hug. At first she doesn't hug back but after a few seconds of you squeezing tighter, she wraps her arms around you. You feel her breathe start to get rigid as you feel a tear from her eye fall upon your shirt. You pull back from the hug, cupping your hands on her face using your thumbs to wipe away the tears. 

"I'm sorry but I couldn't resist not holding you for a second longer. I missed you so damn much." you say almost in a whisper as you look into her beautiful brown teary eyes. 

"I missed you too." she manages to get out between sniffles. You grab her hand and lead her into your house. You both take a seat on the couch facing each other, backs against the armrests. There is a cushions worth of space between you because you didn't want to push your limits until you were able to explain everything to her. You explain everything about Jenny to Hailee. The way you proposed, the way your relationship took a turn and even the details of the hospital visit. Tears formed in your eyes when you got to the hospital part, telling her how you hated yourself for what happened. 

"I couldn't live with myself for hurting her physically like that. There were moments in my life after that, that got so dark, I was close to ending my life. I understand if hearing this makes you scared to be with me but I need you to know that I would never hurt you physically. It isn't who I am. It was never who I was." you tell Hailee falling into a full on cry. 

Hailee scoots closer to you on the couch pulling your face into the crook of her neck to hold you. Her hand brushing through your hair, massaging your scalp. 

"I know you wouldn't. That thought has never crossed my mind and it doesn't now. You were in a black out state I totally understand that." You could feel Hailee's body relax for the first time all night. You pull back grabbing a tissue to wipe your face. 

"I am so sorry for everything. I just needed to close that chapter of my life with Jenny so that I can move on and be a better me for us." you say. 

Hailee cups your face gently with her hands placed along your jawline. She places a very gentle small peck on your lips. 

"You have nothing to be sorry for. I am sorry I accused you of cheating. I guess I am not as over my past as I thought I was myself. Can you please forgive me?" Hailee asks as she puts on a sad puppy dog pout.