Chapter 6

Hailey

My alarm went off at 6:30. Since it was Sunday today and I didn't have work, I decided to go for a run. I am a morning person and love waking up early. I put on some black adidas gym leggings, sports bra, neon yellow kicks and a black cap. I threw a jacket over my outfit and headed out to start my day.

I always workout from time to time to stay fit and healthy. Due to my busy schedule and workaholic nature, staying in good shape is very important to me. Besides, it also keeps me active. So after my run, I hit the gym. I knew that there was a home gym at the mansion, but I still went to the high end gym I used to often visit.

After my workout, I decided to go and get a smoothie and some muffins. I wondered if I should get Nathan some muffins too. I didn't know if he liked them or not, but still I got him some. I quickly paid for everything and left.

As I entered the mansion, I heard some sounds of laughter and soft music coming from the living room. That's weird. Who was there? The voice was high pitched and feminine. It couldn't be a one night stand as Nathan never allows them to linger in the morning. Was there some guest? Nathan never told me that anyone would be visiting.

Curious, I stepped into the living room, only to receive a shock of my life. In the middle of the room stood my husband, wearing nothing but his sweatpants, with a woman in his arms, who was wearing only his shirt. Her hair was preventing me from getting a look at her face. They were slow dancing, completely lost in the moment. They seemed so into each other that they were oblivious to my presence in the room. At one point Nathan was nuzzling his head in her neck, peppering it with light kisses as she giggled. This was no one night stand. I don't know why but I felt a pang in my heart, seeing my husband like this with another woman. The woman shifted as they danced and I got to see her face. God!! ....it was none other than my client, ms Hannah Williams!!

The wheels in my head begin turning. If she spent the night here and is in my living room, dancing with my husband in the morning, which means they must have been together yesterday, and Hannah had a valentine's day date.... with my husband? So I helped planned my husband's date with another woman?

I felt humiliated and angry. I schooled my features to a blank, bored expression and cleared my throat. That did the trick and they turned to face me. Nathan seemed annoyed with my interruption but Hannah had a smug smile on her face.

I opened my mouth to speak but Hannah beat me to it
"Ms Anderson! So nice to see you again. I wanted to thank you for arranging such a splendid date for me and Nathan last night. It was truly beautiful!"

At this, Nathan seemed confused, but Hannah quickly turned to him and said, "You know since she was the one to break us up, I made it so that she be the one to get us back together. And she did a great job at that don't you think." She looked at me and smirks.

"That she did, baby" Nathan replied, "Sad she wasn't there to see it all play out so well though."

"But she can see it now, baby" and Hannah moved her shirt, exposing her neck to show off her hickeys, given by no other than my husband.

I still have my bored, I-don't-give-a-damn face on but on the inside I'm fuming. Way to ruin a perfectly good morning. I looked at Nathan, my eyes demanding an explanation. Even though I had an idea of what was happening, I still wanted to hear it from his mouth. As if on cue, he spoke.

"So as you two have already know, Hailey, this is Hannah my girlfriend and love. Hannah, this is Hailey my unwanted wife."

I would never show him how much his words affected me. Infact I was furious with myself for letting them affect me. So I kept up with my cool facade.

"Cute" I looked at Nathan and said, "Can I talk to you alone for a second?"

But he only snaked his hand around her waist and pulled her to him so that her back was pressed against his naked chest.

"No" came his blunt response "Whatever it is you want to say, you can say it to the both of us. We have no secrets, now do we honey bear?"

He nuzzled her neck and she giggled. I had to keep myself from rolling my eyes. I might have as well be watching one of those dramatic, no logic, overly cheesy, teen rom-com movies on Netflix cause that's how they were acting.

"Fine" I gritted my teeth. "But if my family comes to know about your affair, then god help you. Also if you can, keep your time with your mistress out of the news. Wouldn't want the press to find out about your extramarital affair or your side chick now would we."

A gasp escaped from Hannah when I called her his 'mistress' and Nathan's head shot up from her neck and he shot me a hard glare. For a moment I wondered if I was wrong in calling her that. But then, it was the truth. She was technically his mistress, since he was already married and so she can't call herself girlfriend.

He let go of her and stalks to me, fixing me with a cold gaze. But I stood my ground. Did he really mean to see me cower before him? Well sorry to disappoint. I fold my hands infront of my chest and hold his gaze, refusing to look away. He stops infront of me.

"What did you call her?"

"Didn't know you were hard of hearing Nathan but I called her what she is, your mistress."

His jaw clenched and he fisted his hand. He was angry but so was I.

"She is the love of my life, has been for the past two years. You on the other hand are nothing more than a burden and an unwanted wife. I told you on day one, you mean nothing to me. Just a stranger. You'll never have a place in my life. She on the other hand is my queen, my everything. Get that in your head."

His words hurt, hurt like hell. To be unwanted, rejected, unloved, it all hits a chord. But like always, I burry it deep within and pull out my boss face. I look him in his dark brown eyes, full of fury and pull out my own stoic face that keeps my opponent guessing of what is to come next.

"Nice speech, but doesn't change the fact that you are married to me, making me your wife and her your mistress. You saying otherwise doesn't change anything." I give them my fake smile, "have a good day."

And I walk out before they could say anything. They both looked dumbfounded. Should have known better than to pick a fight with me.