Chapter 13

"I'm married," there I said it.
..........................

Harry immediately jumped up and looked at me in horror. I couldn't face him,I just couldn't. The look in his eyes, the heartbreak, it was just to painful. I knew what we had wasn't really love, but it was something. Something beautiful. And I may have just ruined it forever this time.

Harry paced around the room, breathing heavily. He ran his hands through his perfect hair. I expected him to be mad, to flip out, to yell at me, I was really anxious about his reaction. But when he spoke again, he was calm. No hint of anger in his voice, even though I knew it was there. I knew he was upset. And once again, I was responsible.

"Do you love him?" He asked me.

I looked at him, surprised.
"What? No! It was an arranged marriage," I told him.

Now it was his turn to be shocked.
"You had an arranged marriage? Seriously?"

"Yea," I said in a small voice. I knew what was coming next.

"Tell me everything," he ordered in a grave tone. He plopped down in the couch next to me and got ready to listen to my story.

I took a deep breath and began to tell him everything. I told him about the proposal, my grandparents insistence and me agreeing. When I reached the part where I hadn't seen my fiance until our wedding day, he looked at me in utter disbelief.

"You walked down the aisle to marry someone you had never even seen in your life?" He looked petrified. "What's wrong with you Hails! He could've been a rapist abuser or something even worse!"

"I actually... didn't think about that" which was true, I didn't think. Now coming to think about it, I was acted really dumb in the whole situation. I just left everything up to my grandparents. I mean I know they would always make sure before arranging the marriage, but still. One can never be too sure.

Harry face palmed.
"Oh Hails, what did you do."

I continued my story, told him of our wedding night, my husband's "rules", me being a paper wife, his infidelities and my last argument with him. What I didn't tell him though, was his name. I don't even want to anticipate Harry's reaction to that. Plus Nathan is an important client to Harry.

"Why don't you just divorce him?" He asked exasperated. "You know, after a couple of months more, you can tell your grandparents that it just didn't work out and you'll decided to get a divorce."

Ok so this is the part I dreaded to tell him the most as it highlights my stupidity. He would be so disappointed in me.

"Actually..." I just couldn't find the right words to say it.
"We can't get a divorce..." My voice came out in a whisper.

"Come again?" Harry asked.

I took a deep breath. Here goes nothing.
"We can't get a divorce without having a child first."

One, Two, Three. Here it comes.

"What?" He gasped, looking at me incredulously. "And you signed that contract?"

I smiled sheepishly and he groans, letting his face fall into his hand.

"Two years. I leave you for two years and you manage to royally screw your life over."

"Hey!" I protested. "It isn't that bad also ok. I'll survive." I really hope I do.

"Yea, being tied to a certified jerk, who is nothing more than a stranger to you and who treats you like crap isn't that bad," he mocks.
"Gosh, does that mean you're going to be celibate for the rest of your life? What will you do when you get sexually frustrated?"