Chapter 17

There was a loud sound ringing repeatedly, waking me from my sleep. My eyes slowly fluttered open and my head was heavy and hurting. I was facing the aftermath of yesterday's drinks. Gosh I needed an advil ASAP, but first someone shut that damn phone that was going off.

I twisted and turned and finally got my hands on the phone which was on the bedside table. It wasn't mine but I answered it anyway.

"Hailey Anderson," my voice came out as a rough croak.

"Ah Ms Anderson," the voice came from the other end spoke. "We were calling Mr Rodriguez to say that the flight will be ready to leave in an hour."

"The flight?" I asked, trying to make sense of everything since my brain was on lockdown.

"Um..the private jet back to New York?" He told me.

"Oh..yea, of course," I replied. "I'll tell him." I said and cut the call.

I rolled over to the other side and saw Nathan, passed out. I pushed him, trying to wake him up hitting him with the pillow. He stirred and his eyes slowly opened. I sat up using my hands and elbows to pull myself in a sitting position.

When I sat straight, the duvet fell from my body to reveal my naked body save for my lace bra and panty. My eyes widened in horror and throat went dry. I looked back at Nathan to see that he was staring at my body and his face mirrored my expression. I looked to see that he too was only wearing his underwear.

Dread settled in the pit of my stomach. Before anything could be said and done, I wrapped myself in the blanket and dashed to the bathroom. I turned on the shower and leaned with my hands on the sink, looking at myself in the mirror and trying to remember the events of last night, but in vain.

We couldn't have... could we? No, this wasn't right. But we were still in our underwear so that means we couldn't have done the deed, right? I wracked my head, trying to remember what happened last night, but I was too hungover to remember a thing.

I stripped down and got in the shower, letting the water calm me down. After a while I felt a bit better and a little less hungover. My brain was still searching for the details of last night. I remember the pub, the drinks, the games, getting drunk, the elevator, the kiss,...the KISS? Oh god! I felt like banging my head on the bathroom wall. What had I done? This was not supposed to happen.

But try as I may, I couldn't remember anything after the kiss. But I had a gut feeling that I didn't have sex with him last night. And after analysing everything I was certain. First, like I said, we were in our underwear and we couldn't have put that back on in our state. Second, I wasn't feeling sore anywhere in my body. No, I wasn't a virgin, but I hadn't had sex in a long time, so if my muscles were stretched last night, I would have felt sore or something. Besides, there was no residue or cum anywhere on my body to state otherwise. So I concluded that nothing happened last night. It was little consolation, but I stuck to it.

After finishing my buisness in the bathroom, I wrapped a bathrobe around my body and after hesitating a bit, I stepped out. Nathan had put on a shirt and shorts and was hurriedly throwing some clothes in the suitcase. After standing there awkwardly for a bit, I decided to break the silence.

"The plane will be ready to leave in...thirty minutes,'' I told him after glancing at the watch.

He merely nodded without even looking at me. I guess it was awkward for the both of us.

I hurried to the closet and got ready in a haste. After that I packed whatever was remaining I my small duffel bag. Good thing I had packed most of my things yesterday. I remained in the closet to avoid Nathan since I didn't want any uncomfortable situation just yet.