Chapter 28

The day of the reception had arrived. The makeup artist was just finishing up the final touches on my face. My hair was tied up in a loose bun and I wore the gorgeous gold and white gown. Where I was ready, I was left to marvel at my reflection in the mirror. I'm pretty, and I've always known it. I always had the men's attention, wherever I went. But the person in the mirror, front of me was a different level of beautiful.

I descended the stairs slowly and graciously, so that I wouldn't trip and fall

I descended the stairs slowly and graciously, so that I wouldn't trip and fall. When I reached the bottom, I found Nathan sitting on the couch, tapping his fingers and looking bored. We hadn't talked much in the past week, since I let him believe that Michael and I were a couple. When he saw me now, he was met with the same amazement as I when I looked in the mirror.

His eyes widened and he was speechless for a couple of minutes as he studied me from top to bottom. It was all I could do to stop myself from blushing. Finally, he stood up and walked towards me.

"You look beautiful," he complimented.

"Thanks. You don't look too bad either,"

To be honest, he looked like Prince charming in that white tux. All that he needed was a white horse. His hair was neatly swept to one side, and put his sharp dark eyes on display. The hairstyle accentuated his face and each of his sharp features. He looked smart and handsome, not to mention extremely sexy.

 He looked smart and handsome, not to mention extremely sexy

"Um.. thanks," Nathan cleared his throat and moved towards the coffee table and picked up something from there.

He handed me the canvas which was covered with a white cloth, hiding the picture.

"Go ahead, open it" he instructed.

"What is it?" I asked him, without removing the cloth.

"My first painting in a long time," he grinned happily. "It's a gift for you."

"You're giving the first picture you've painted in years to me?" I asked surprised. "Why?"

"Just open it!" He commanded impatiently.

When I pulled the cloth back, I was rendered speechless. The cloth gave way to reveal a potrait. A potrait of me, more precisely. The painting was drawn to perfection down to every detail. The paints were colourful, almost bringing the picture to life. From my dark brunette hair, my hazel brown eyes, to the dimple of my smile, he had captured everything. I had no words to describe how good of an artist Nathan was.