five-cookies

George POV

"...and by all means, little verbal contact with the Prince. It simply is absurd and out of the question," the Queen said as she shook her head. "It contradicts everything the royal blood stands for. The clash of two social classes is unacceptable and unforgiving," the royal woman kept rambling.

She kept on going as George sat awkwardly. He thought the chairs would be comfortable with its detailed embroideries and many pillows, but right now? He wanted to get out of here

Because George was the personal assistant of the Prince, that required an up-close meeting with the Queen herself. George could only see the back of the Queen, basically only seeing her long blonde curls that fell by her waist. Her platinum blonde hair swayed as she shook her head slowly. They were put together by an expensive-looking hairclip, which sparkled elegantly under the chandelier light.

The Queen's assistant, Rosabelle was sitting in front of the Queen. Rosabelle had shoulder-length brown hair and wore a velvet green dress that seemed to sparkle. George took note of how Rosabelle occasionally nodded at the Queen's word.

He wondered if he had to do that as well. George was a good listener, his friends always told him that. 

The Queen turned slightly, now facing the brunette, her sharp blue eyes staring back at George. She sighed.

"The only words spoken would be the orders from the Prince himself. But don't reply, just acknowledge it," the Queen finished. She was facing away from George, facing Rosabelle instead.

George noted the stillness of the environment. He never expected it to be this strict. He heard that the Queen had rules, but he never expected the rules to be this strict.

"Very well," the blonde said, plopping herself down on her chair. "Rosabelle, call the Prince here please," the Queen instructed.

Rosabelle nodded and rushed out of the room to inform another servant.

An uncomfortable silence swept the large room. Only the sound of the Queen finishing paperwork was heard, the gentle sound of ink and pen ringing through the room. Rosabelle silently entered the room, the door closing behind her. The Queen looked up expectantly.

"The Prince would be here shortly," Rosabelle said, her voice steady and soft. The Queen nodded, then turned to George.

They went back to their normal stances. The Queen writing at her desk, Rosabelle standing in the corner of the room, and George sitting on the bench awkwardly, unsure of what to do.

Suddenly, the door opened. Rosabelle's eyes widened but then relaxed as she noticed that it was only a blonde man entering the room. Rosabelle bowed.

She bowed... that only means... George froze, his hands icing up. That's the Prince. There he is. The guards at the front of the room left and closed the door behind the Prince.

He's considerably tall, with dirty blonde hair that was pushed out of his eyes. His eyes. They were the greenest things he had ever seen. 

Not that George could see its true color, ouch.

They held such an ominous golden glow that blended with his hair perfectly.

The Queen turned and smiled at Clay welcomingly. The Queen talked to the Prince for a while. During that time, George observed the Prince's behavior and looks.

He noticed many things. He didn't look comfortable in his environment, either. George wondered if he was scared of his own mother. 

George always had a strong bond with his mother, they were inseperable. Always telling each other secrets and sharing news of current events. He couldn't possibly imagine one being scared of their mother.