42: everlasting flowers

"I can't believe it's been one whole year," George said, as he looked up at the large blue sky. "It feels like just yesterday," he smiled, putting his palm against the sky.

"Yeah," Clay agrees quietly, "It's been one of my best years too."

The brunette laughed as he set his hand down, eyes meeting Clay's. "It's been my best year too," he smiled. 

They were lying on the small grass mound near the gates of the castle. They spent a lot of time there, it was peaceful and it was a good place to talk. There was a nice breeze there, and a lot of flowers surrounded them, giving a flowery and fruity fragrance.

Clay flipped to his side so his body was facing George, "I can't believe I've only known you for a year, and we're already so close to each other. It's a bit weird, isn't it?" 

"You're an overthinker, Clay," the smaller laughed.

"Yeah, well you're annoying," he rolled his eyes.

George gazed at the sleepy clouds drifting by, then scrunched his nose as he realized that Clay was still staring at him. "You're actually weird, stop staring at me, you creep."

"I've been staring at you all year, I'm surprised you aren't used to thi-"

"Hey, guys!" a voice quickly shouted above them. 

The two quickly turned their faces behind them, spotting their friends standing on the top of the little grass hill. 

"Hey!" George greeted as he sat up. "What's up?" 

Alex shrugged, "Nothing much, I'm just sick of being a third-wheel." He nudged at Sapnap and Karl. "They've only been dating for like, what, five days?" 

"He's just jealous," Karl smiled. 

"Damn right, he is," Nick replied, crossing his arms in front of his chest. "You'll be a third-wheel anyway, Alex. Clay has George." 

The man in the beanie groaned as he plopped himself down on the green grass. "You guys need more grass," he huffed. 

George chuckled, "Don't be a baby, Alex."

Alex pretended to wail, making obnoxious crying sounds. 

"He needs his Cocomelon," Karl stated. They all laughed at that.

 "Look, Alex. We're friends, we all are. Take Clay for an example, he's my boyfriend and my best friend," George said, laughing as Clay laid his head on his lap. 

"Does that mean we can be boyfriends too?" he asked, his voice getting high-pitched and whiny (idk if this makes sense, but you know how Big Q, has different voice tones???).

"No chance."

"Aw, dammit." 

Clay smiled as the other people continued on their conversation. He quickly looked at Karl and Nick, who were playing some sort of tag game on the field. It reminded him of why he was here now. It reminded him of what George had done for him, which is a lot of things, to be honest. 

He never knew what life had in store for him, and he still didn't know. 

All he knew was that he had great friends and an even greater lover. 

He remembered hating this castle with all his might, but now, the feelings of hate just 'poof' vanished. He knew the real reason why his hatred for this place lessened, but it was a bit too cheesy to admit it. Even for Clay. 

The answer was bitterly obvious anyways. 

"I didn't play with anyone today," Alex said as he smacked his lips. He was talking to Nick and Karl, trying to convince them to let him join in their round of tag. "I could really use some exercise right now."