38: water evaportates, hope doesn't

12K reads WOOOO

I need to finish a big project for next week, but instead, I'm writing a story about two Minecraft streamers. What have I done to myself? but it's ok bc I love doing this

Sorry for not updating recently, I've been writing five stories at the same time, ehehe. (Three are still in my drafts, I hope to officially publish it after this ends. So, pretty soon)

—————

"C'mon, you weirdo," Clay said as he brushed his hair to the side. He reached out a hand for the brunette to take.

George was still sat on the grassy floor, staring up at the large stretch of colors.

"They're waiting for us," the blonde added as he pulled George up on his feet. He pointed up at Jack and Tubbo who were staring back at them. He assumed that Niki was putting away the things they brought up.

"What are we doing again?"

"Making the proposal to my mother, probably. I heard from Chloe that they got a lot of people on their side."

"Perfect," the brunette grinned happily as he hugged Clay. "Thanks for everything, I can't believe it's actually happening."

"Of course," Clay responded quietly as he placed a small kiss on the smaller's forehead. "Should we head out now?"

"Mhm," the other nodded, interlocking their fingers.

They seemed to find each other by instinct, like two magnets that couldn't stay lonely for too long. But it was okay, it felt natural and they both admitted that they felt at home with each other. They could be stranded in a desert island with each other and still manage to have fun.

But that's what love is.

—————

"We got people!" Chloe said as the couple neared the corner of the carpeted hallway. "Like, some aren't even part of the community. We got allies, that's a good thing by the way."

"I'm kind of speechless right now," Clay replied.

"Same, but it's going to be so great," Chloe said, waving her arms excitedly. She laughed, "I'd love to stay, but I arranged something with some other blocks. If that's okay, of course."

George nodded, "Ack, sorry about that. Can we do something to help? After all, we kind of started this whole chaos."

The raven thought for a bit as she racked her brain for ideas. "Oh!" She said excitedly, "I think Niki wanted someone to take some old party things out of the storage room. Um, I think it's the one from Drista's party, actually. The fairy one?"

"Oh, I remember that one," Clay blurted out. "I remember we had to throw a small one after the actual one because she thought the first one was too boring."

"I kind of agree with her, though," Chloe admitted. "Anyways, you guys should go. You have a world to save."

They all said goodbyes to one another and Chloe left, leaving the two to go hunt for the party things.

"Do you know where we're going?" George asked. "I remember studying the castle maps, trying to remember everything. All I know is that there are like five-hundred storage rooms."

"You studied the castle map?"

"Yep, that was a waste of time."

"Mm, that's pretty cute of you."

The brunette rolled his eyes, "Oh, of course you have to bring this into the conversation."

Clay ignored the last comment and directed them to a big door in one of the identical hallways. This door was a bit heavier and less decorated. Instead of having the same door knocker and painted wood, it had a round doorknob and polished material.

He pushed the door open, revealing a big room and a lot of things to look through. They shut the door closed behind them and started at the back of the room. Boxes seemed to surround them like a wall, they couldn't even see the door from the place they were standing.

Flicking the small light switch that sat on the side, they began to search through the large tower of boxes and the big array of extra clothes and formal wear.

"Whoa, how are you supposed to wear this?" George asked as he held up a creamy white dress with a skirt that flared smoothly around the floor. He pinned the sleeve to his shoulders and looked at the gold-rimmed mirror that stood proudly in the corner of the room."God, it's so heavy."

"That's like, only one part of the dress. Julia tried to put one on my for a dare, and I just remembered it being really painful."

"Hah, I can imagine," the brunette responded, as he put the clothing article to the side.

"You should put one on, I have never seen you in something other than your usual blue or white shirt."

"I don't know if you're offending me or my fashion sense," George said with a laugh.

"No, I could never hate y-"

The door that was closed shut clicked open, a pair of heels clicking against the smooth marble floor.

They both turned to each other, both sharing the same confused but scared look.

"Hello? Who's here?" a soft female voice asked into the lit room. "I'm Rosabelle," the voice said again as the footsteps sounded again. "I'm sorry for scaring you, I apologize."

"What're you doing here?" George asked as he stood on top of a large chest and peeked over the tower of boxes.

"George?" Rosabelle asked with a raised eyebrow. The hem of her skirt kissed the floor as she moved closer to them. "I suppose Prince Clay is here too, don't worry, I won't tell the Queen."

She hesitated once more before speaking again.

"I know this storage room pretty well, would you like some help finding something?" Rosabelle asked, brushing some dust off a box before reading its label.

Clay cleared his throat. "Um, remember Drista's party things from a long time ago? Do you happen to know where that is?" he asked with an unsure voice.

Rosabelle's smile became impossibly wider, then she burst out into small laughter.

"In fact, I came here to get the same thing."

"What," George responded. "So, you're part of... whatever you call it?"

"A peaceful protest, that's what I like to call it," she said, "It's quite ironic that we're one of the highest workers in this castle, but the most problematic too."

George agreed.

"Did someone rope you into this?" Clay asked as Rosabelle pointed to a box in the corner.

The brunette woman nodded as a smile flickered onto her face. "Yeah, I actually did. Someone named Chloe, actually. You know her?"

"Ooh, yeah we know her. She's kinda the life of the party, if that makes sense."

Rosabelle smiled, "Yeah, I can see that happening, Chloe's really nice, even if I only knew her for five seconds."

They stayed silent, but it was no longer awkward anymore. To be honest, Clay and George never really heard Rosabelle speak before. She was always so brief and quiet about everything that they didn't really process the knowledge that she was more than just a person who nodded and bowed all the time.

"Oh, here's the box," the blonde said as he found a slightly bruised box that was pushed against the wall.

"Do you think it would work?" The woman asked as she pushed the door open.

"We don't really know anything for sure," George laughed.

"At least we have a colorblind man and a dream," Clay pointed out.

"Hm, sounds familiar, doesn't it?" The brunette man replied.

"Sure does."

—————

1260 words

my other story was put on some other site and someone changed the author notes and names. I don't know if i should be sad or happy.

Also, i hope its okay if i reply to your comments. I dont want to be creepy or anything :)