32: i wont be far to follow

The blonde woke up in his room.

Not the one inside Nick's house, but the one back at the castle. It was like normal, the desk was pushed up against the window, the small couch placed in front of the bed. Nothing seemed out of place or unusual, but it didn't seem like home either.

He sat up on his bed, then sighed. How did he get here? He knew that the whole 'adventure' wasn't just made up, he knew for a fact that it really happened and that he had to face the consequences.

"Clay?" A familiar voice asked. The door clicked open and a pair of green eyes peeled out. "Clay?"

"Drista? Is that you?" The blonde asked as he rubbed his eyes tiredly. Realizing that it was his sister, he sighed of relief and leaned back into the pillows that were propped up behind him.

"Are you okay?" Drista asked worriedly. "You didn't seem okay earlier."

Clay shrugged before noticing something. "Where is George? Is he okay? Did they hurt him?" His heart quickened as he began to realize that the brunette wasn't here.

Drista paused then opened her mouth, but no words came out.

"Um-" she said as she played with her long hair. She was quickly interrupted by Clay, who leaped up and shook her by the shoulders. "Ow! What was that for?" Drista asked with a sour expression.

"George, is he alright?" the blonde man huffed, "You're giving the impression that he's dead or something!"

"Oh," Drista smiled, "He's fine, I just wanted to mess with your head a bit."

"That was not funny."

"I kinda thought it was," she said with a shrug. "Yeah, he's okay. Don't worry, mom will never kill him. Although she looked like she wanted to."

"Where is he?"

Drista raised her eyebrows, then laughed a little. She walked over to the edge of the room and sat down on the velvet sofa. "You really care about him, don't you?"

"Of course I do," the man responded briskly. "Stop playing around, please. Where is he?" He demanded, pacing around the room.

He could forgive himself for getting caught on-purpose, but he would never live it down if George got hurt because of him.

"He's in E-block, I don't know who's there with him, though," Drista said as she nodded.

"Okay, okay, thanks," Clay said, walking up to the door and opening it.

"I suggest not going."

"Why? What's wrong?"

Drista shrugged with a sad expression. "Mom sent me here to tell you that you're not allowed near him anymore."

This was Clay's breaking point. He knew that his sister was saying nothing but the truth, but he was upset about it. And at that moment, you can't really do anything except lash out at the person who's delivering the news.

But he stayed silent, his heart thumping loudly in his chest.

"Clay?" the blonde girl asked as she squinted her eyes at the other. "Whatever you're thinking about, don't do it." She sighed, "They'll take care of i-"

"Shut up," he shook his head. "They won't take care of anything, I'm here to make things right."

"Clay, you're not listening! You're not some action hero who can save the world by visiting your boyfriend. You'll be in greater trouble."

The man flinched, he was not used to his sister speaking like that. Sure, she was full of sass, but he knew that they were all jokes.

"Drista, I think you've got this all wrong. Look at this world," he waved his hand around in the spacious room. "This is nothing compared to what's out there!" he exclaimed angrily.