27: poster

Hi, guys! I just realized that I have no idea when this story takes place in. So... yeah. Anyways, thanks for reading!

"Dream, look!" George said as he pointed at a brick wall that was littered with posters.

It was very early in the morning. The sun had just appeared and painted the whole empty town in a bright shade of gold.

No one was there, it was only the five of them.

There were various papers. There were advertisements, announcements, invitations, and so much more.

They were quite old, and the corners of the thin papers were slightly curling a bit.

"Is that-" Nick said as he peered at the poster that was placed in the middle of all the papers.

This paper was brand new and was bigger than the rest. There was small black print scrawled on the bottom. A familiar face stared back at them.

It was Clay.

He hadn't expected that they would find out so soon.

They all stayed quiet, reading the words that were written in big bold letters.

...suspected of escaping...please inform the castle for information that may help with the relocation of Prince Clay...

The list went on and on, and it only got progressively worse.

"George, this is bad. They're searching the towns now..." Dream said sadly.

"But they just can't! They don't have the right to!" The brunette said in frustration. He furrowed his eyebrows than sighed weakly. "I mean, do they? It's private property." He turned to Alex, who was studying law. He wasn't that far into research, but he expected that he knew the basics.

Alex thought and slowly nodded. He looked at the rocky ground, and kicked a pebble. "They do, George. If we resist, we'll become more of a suspect, and we'll get fined. Maybe arrested too," he spoke quietly.

The others agreed, still staring at the poster. A gentle breeze blew past, making the large poster flutter in the wind before resting against the wall once more.

Birds chirped in the distance, and a door creaked open.

George exhaled and turned around. A few people were waking up and they were soon heading off to work. Maybe they should stay hidden for now.

"I think... we should go back home," the brunette said as he gently took Dream's hand.

According to George, Dream was a pretty easy person to read, but his expression was practically unreadable now. It was a mix of disappointment, sadness, and something else.

It didn't really look like it was a good thing though.

The five of them quietly walked back to the large house, locking the door behind them.

—————

"You should keep a low profile for now," Nick said as he plopped himself on the couch.

"Yeah, I guess so."

They all talked for a bit, exchanging ideas for the next 'big-escape.'

"I feel like we're always planning," George said with a sigh. "I really hope this one works," he said with a deep breath.

Karl smiled reassuringly and patted his friend's shoulder. "It will, don't worry!"

He groaned, "That's what Techno said last time too."

"Well..." Karl mumbled, not knowing what to say.

"Well, I think this plan is pretty foolproof, so it must work," Nick said as he yawned.

"What's the plan again? Sorry, I wasn't paying attention," Alex said, laughing a little. Karl hit him with one of the small decorated pillow. "AAH! Karl, stop!" He shouted as he flailed his arms around like an out of tunedwindmill.

"Well..." George started again. "When they are searching the town, I'm going to take Dream with me. We are hiding in the..." he looked around. "Um, the treehouse, right?"

Everyone except for Alex nodded.

"Then you guys would tell us when they are gone. Then, perfect! Everything is good."

Alex shook his head. "But they won't stop searching until they find him. He's very important to this whole kingdom," he said, his voice becoming serious.

"Why?" Dream asked stupidly as he brushed his hair out of his face. He never really understood the importance of himself. He knew that the loss of a royal member was a bad thing, but he never expected people to go out of their way to find a bratty prince who ran away on purpose.

"You're the future king, Dream. Of course you're important," Alex responded.

"Oh."

"And they wouldn't believe it if you 'faked' your death. They would want a lot of evidence, and things like that."

"Oh." This time it was spoken by George.

The little hope in the room immediately flattened.

Alex sighed. "It's definitely worth a try though. We shouldn't just give up."

They all looked at him with large, hopeful eyes.

"Yeah, that sounds like a good plan," Nick responded with a small smile.

Karl opened the curtains a little bit, peeping outside. "There's a lot of people reading the poster," he said, sounding a little disappointed.

A tiny crowd of people were gathered in front of the wall that they were standing on previously.

George got up and joined Karl by the window, only to be greeted by the same sight.

He faced the sofa again. "Okay," he said. "We have to make this work."

The others nodded firmly.

They just hoped that the plan would work.

—————
945 Words

Hi, guys! Thank you for reading. Happy summer :)

I'm so happy with the new uploads we've been getting recently. I really liked the axolotl one, teehe.

Anyways, hoped you enjoyed!

If you want to check out my other story, that would be awesome. But again, no pressure!

Remember you are loved (cuz ily). Make sure to eat and drink lots <3