CHAPTER V [Ariadne's Thread]

**Note: This chapter includes scenes showing violence**

With Ariadne and Theseus not noticing, Minos had returned. And what welcomed him back at his office was the sight of Theseus hugging Ariadne tight. That made him loose his mind again and went straight to pull Theseus away from Ariadne. He started attacking him with punches that drew blood out of Theseus.

Ariadne was so shocked. She unconsciously stood up and used her body to block Minos's attack on Theseus. Minos, seeing how Ariadne protects Theseus enraged him more. He grabbed the cup from the table and thrown it at the mirror behind him making it shatter into pieces.

The noise called the attention of the people outside his office and tried to pacify the situation but Minos was too furious to be stopped.

"Don't anybody dare step inside my office! I will kill all of you as well!!!" his scream made everyone back off and just watch the scene.

Minos shoved Ariadne away from Theseus and picked a piece from the broken mirror.

"How dare you try to take Ariadne from me! And to do that in my own office!! I will kill you!!!!" Minos had lost all his reasoning and what's just in his mind is to kill the man in his grasp.

Ariadne, seeing that same madness Minos had that night when he killed a man, knew she had to do something. She pulled the thread on her hair which she use as ponytail. Using that thread, she escaped the labyrinth she had been. She broke free from all the fear she had towards the beastly Minos in front of her and used the string to strangle his neck until he choked and died.

Ariadne's thread. Again. Just as how it used to happen. Using her thread, she and Theseus were able to slay the beast and find their way out of the labyrinth. Only, it used to be Theseus who slayed the beast to save her. Now, it was the other way around - it's her who had to kill to save him.

Minos's secretary a while ago, knowing he cannot come inside himself to stop all of this, called for the help of police and arrived right after Minos lost his last breath.

Policemen immediately handcuffed Ariadne and pulled her away from the lifeless Minos. That was only when she was able to see him again as her friend and protector who had always been there for her. She may have successfully killed the beast who had been tormenting her the past few years but along with him was her loyal childhood best friend who will not even think twice and jump in front of a blade for her.

But upon seeing Theseus, the alive Theseus she had saved, made her forget the pain and guilt. She was just happy Theseus is alive.