CHAPTER XIV [THE END]

"Why did you suddenly wanted to live here with me again? Didn't you like the province you used to stay at? You just lived there for two? Three weeks?" Dionysus worriedly asks while helping Ariadne unpack her things

"You know I'm really selfish, right?" Ariadne replied, "I went back for myself. I wasn't confident I'll be able to hold myself from running ... so I decided to return" she sadly spoke

Dionysus felt terrible upon hearing her say the word 'running'. She wanted to run... probably away from him. That's what he thought.

"Why do you keep on loving me? When I have never really given you anything except for pain" she felt the guilt as she stated the fact.

"One is loved because one is loved. No reason is needed for loving," he smiled weakly at her, "that's probably why we keep on loving people though we can't be loved back"

As how it happened a long time ago, Dionysus again chose to continue loving Ariadne. She who can't stop loving Theseus everyday unconditionally. Her hatred was a mask she needed to wear to have a reason for keeping Theseus in her mind and heart. She continued hurting her husband, Dionysus, as she kept weeping for her first and only love's lightheartedness.

Maybe the history just repeated and they can't do anything to change it. But maybe, all of them, also knew what happened in the past, yet still chose to repeat loving the people they can't get enough loving, even with their another lives.

STILL. Despite everything, choosing to love the same people. STILL. Cherishing own emotions without moving, motionless. STILL. Has happened, is happening, and will continue into the present. Always... continually... choosing to be still.

[Fin]