CHAPTER VIII [The Savior]

"would you like some wine?" a man approached Ariadne as she was weeping

She looked at him, pissed. She wanted to be alone and being offered a wine at this moment seemed like an insult to her

"I'm not a guest at this wedding," she still managed to turn him down politely

"I'm not asking that. I just offered you a glass of wine" he smiled. His persistence is starting to irritate Ariadne

"you see, drinking while crying actually make the wine taste best" he continued.

Ariadne just took the glass he was offering to make him stop. But he did not stop talking

"I'm Dionysus, you finally met me" he introduced himself which was really weird.

"isn't it supposed to be 'it's nice to meet you'?" she asked

He just chuckled as he said, "someone say that when it is the first time they meet someone. This isn't my first time seeing you. But to you, this is probably the first time you are actually seeing me. Or maybe, it's more appropriate to say that this is the first time I finally showed myself to you" and he ended with a warm smile

Ariadne just found him weird and did not ask more questions. She just continued sipping the wine and not soon after, started bawling in Dionysus's arms. While he on the other hand, still can't believe such day will actually come. The day when he would have the courage to show himself to her because no one else could be there for her. He had always thought he was someone unneeded by Ariadne since she has always been such a precious person.

Yes, Dionysus has always been there. Just like in the past, he was and is still there, secretly watching and loving Ariadne. He knows Ariadne's history. He had always been that one guy who stares and fades behind Ariadne, becoming part of her background as she takes the spotlight with someone else.

Dionysus had been watching over Ariadne since they were kids. He started getting enticed by her when their class were playing guessing games. The class liked guessing one of their classmate's favorites. Dionysus wasn't really participating since he had always been such an awkward child. Then out of the blue, someone said "I bet no one can guess Dionysus's favorite color!" since he had never been close to any kids.

That's when Ariadne butt in. And the whole class clapped. She guessed his favorite color in first try. But in fact, he didn't even have a favorite color until she yelled out "yellow!!". She was extremely excited and smiling as an innocent little kid. So he told her she was right and he haven't seen yellow the same since, it's in everything. He could probably live in it.

Since then, he would suddenly smile whenever he see color yellow. That color reminds him of her bright smiling face. To him, Ariadne had become a sunshine and he had adored her ever since.

Dionysus then had always looked at Ariadne unconsciously. Whenever he see her smile, he would always find himself smiling as well. Of course, Dionysus also knows Minos. He is in fact one of the reasons why he never had the courage to even talk to her again. But the biggest reason was because Dionysus had always been a timid and shy guy. Despite the fact of having the brains, he is physically weak and that makes him lack in confidence.

Having her guess his 'favorite color' wasn't really just all the reason he had for being captivated. Another event happened that had made Dionysus totally fall for her and be religiously loyal.

It was a school fest. Most of the students were watching the basketball game leaving only a few students at the open field. A game has to be played. Ariadne stood up enthusiastically and volunteered. It was a partner game so she obviously needed a partner but Minos wasn't around. Dionysus was surprised when she suddenly grabbed his arm and smiled as she cheerfully said, "partner up with me"

Just those words were enough to drive Dionysus over the wall. He panicked, "I can't. I'm not strong enough"

"That's fine! I'm good at this game. You don't have to be strong, just be there with me" Ariadne answered and dragged him to play.

A safe space to not have to be strong. To Dionysus, that was Ariadne. Everyone had always disliked him for being weak. Even his own parents had always been mad at him for being poor-spirited. He expected Ariadne to let go of his arm and look for another partner, a dependable partner. But she did not. And to him, that meant more than what she actually thought.

Ever since, he had vowed to be there for Ariadne whenever she will need him. And this is that time.

Once again, as the past kept happening, Dionysus is the savior who would offer himself unconditionally for Ariadne, so she could stand after being abandoned. He, would once again give his best to be the new home for Ariadne who had lost her everything.