CHAPTER X [REVENGE]

"I found out Theseus and his wife just opened a flower shop. I'll make sure to order lots of flowers from them. Any particular flower you like?" Dionysus asked Ariadne who seemed to still have her head on the clouds.

"Why will you get flowers from them?" she asked

"That's part of my plan," he just smiled, "anyway I still have five meetings to attend today. I'm sorry I have to leave, but you can discuss with the wedding planner I hired. She's on her way now"

"But I don't know what you would like" Ariadne stated the fact

"Just do everything you like. Make it as how you'd like your wedding to be. You can't get the groom you like so you should at least get the wedding you want, right?" he smiled bitterly as he just spewed poison for himself.

"then, can I ask why you would get married to someone you don't even like?" she asked, still wondering why he is helping her this much.

That made Dionysus smile as he answered, "I like you so much that everyday I want to see you, know your voice, recognize you when you first come around the corner, sense your scent when I come into a room you've just left, know the lift of your heel, the glide of your foot, become familiar with the way you purse your lips then let them part, just the slightest bit, I want to know the joy of how you whisper"

Dionysus walked out of the room with his heart beating like a drum and burning face after confessing his heart to Ariadne who had the same crimson face.

Their wedding florist had visited the shop of Theseus and his wife as Dionysus had wanted. They ordered lots of bouquet of roses, dozens of tulips, calla lilies, and plenty expensive flowers too such as lily of the valley, hydrangeas, peonies and ranunculus under the name of Dionysus.

The wedding could go on the list of grandest weddings of the century with flowers alone costing almost half a million. Ariadne wanted it to be simple since she find it uncomfortable seeing Dionysus spending his money just for her to get revenge. But Dionysus did not agree and instead, wanted to show to Theseus that he did not left Ariadne with nothing but rather she gained the world after cutting ties with him. That Ariadne gained him, Dionysus, who would passionately give the world to her.

A week before the wedding, their florist went to Theseus to cancel the order making him enrage.

"What?! You can't do that! We already bought all the flowers since the wedding is just a week from now! Our shop will go bankrupt! How can you do something so despicable!" Theseus was furious

"My client just received a call from a family that they will be sponsoring flowers and import them from France and they can't decline the offer. So we had to cancel our orders with you" the florist explained just as how Dionysus asked her to do.

"But how about our business? Please, what will we do with all those flowers? They will be dried before we could even sell half of them" Theseus started begging for help

"You can just talk personally to my client and maybe they could do something about this. This is their invitation" she handed it to Theseus and left.

Dionysus thought Ariadne can't face Theseus yet and that she might break down at the sight of her first love so they decided to let the florist hand the invitation.

Upon opening it, Theseus fell on the ground. Seeing Ariadne's name written on the paper was a great surprise to him that he was stoned.

A week after, Theseus went to Ariadne's wedding carrying all the flowers. He understand this was her revenge, ruining the new life he planned to start, and that made him so inflamed he planned to throw all the flowers to her.

But who welcomed him instead was the groom, Dionysus. Things was going according to his plan and he will not allow Theseus hurt Ariadne again. Anyway, this is her revenge so Theseus should be the one left broken in the end.

"you're the owner of that small flower shop our florist ordered flowers from?" Dionysus spoke, sounding superior than him.

Theseus lost his confidence to talk back in front of all the well-suited and well-dressed guests around them after looking at his plain looking shirt and ripped jeans.

"I'm really sorry we had to cancel it. I guess that would hurt your business a lot, right? I think you will actually have to close your shop. You are too pitiful" Dionysus continued as he watched Theseus fuming with anger inside.

"don't worry, I can just pay you still even if we no longer need your flowers. How much was that? Half a million? Take a million instead for all the bother" Dionysus signed a cheque and handed to the man in front of him.

That was the moment Ariadne stepped out from her room and walked towards them, smiling.

"take the money, I bet you need it" she told Theseus who was already shaking badly due to anger and embarrassment. She also made sure to hug Dionysus's arm tight and show it to Theseus, flaunting the type of man she is about to marry.

"I don't need it" Theseus firmly answered and declined to take the cheque.

"so you're choosing your pride" Dionysus spoke as he ripped the cheque.

"but I was still able to belittle you. That may not be enough for my pain, but at least now you will hate me as much as I do hate you. I will not be the only one to suffer from too much abhorrence" Ariadne threw her last words as sharp as a sword before turning her back from him and walking away.