013. LET'S TRY AGAIN

January 9, 2019

 LET'S TRY AGAINJanuary 9, 2019

1,000,000 likes

sussexroyal Happy 37th Birthday to The Duchess of Cambridge! @kensingtonroyal 🎂

View all 8,690 comments

=•=•=•=
January 10, 2019

The Duchess of Sussex Visits Smart Works

The Palace announced eleven patronages for the Duchess involving the arts, education, and the Commonwealth, l military, and animal welfare. In a very public sign of support and confidence, the Queen has passed both the patronages of the National Theatre and the Association of Commonwealth Universities to Brie. In contrast, the Duke of Edinburgh has passed on four patronages of Action Medical Research, Army Boxing Association, Army Cadet Force, and New Zealand Society to Brie.

Brie announced that she is to become the patron of five charities: Sound Seekers, National Children's Orchestra, Junior British Red Cross Society, National Charity Awards, and Mayhew.

The news coincided with Brie's visit to Smart Works, a charity helping long-term unemployed and vulnerable women regain skills and confidence.

Brie was warmly welcomed by Juliet Hughes-Hallett, Chair and Founder of Smart Works.

Brie sat down with staff, volunteers, and participants in Smart Works to discuss their work's positive impact.

=•=•=•=
January 14. 2019

This morning, Harry and I traveled via helicopter to Birkenhead for a busy day of engagements, focused on meeting several local organisations that support and empower groups within the community.

Our first stop was Hamilton Square, where they viewed a new sculpture erected to mark the 100th anniversary of poet Wilfred Owen's death.

We unveiled a plaque to mark the visit before meeting local veterans and members of the Birkenhead Institute Old Boys.