017. PLAYING FAVORITES

March 1, 2019

"Now that I have you guys kinda here, I want to do a family picture for my birthday, so I'm thinking maybe a very traditional family photo," Kathy said.

JJ, his wife, Lauren and their two daughters came over to my mom's house to have a play date with Akeilah.

"Yeah, I think we need an upgraded family photo," I said.

"Speaking of doing things as a family, this week, at our house; family dinner," JJ said.

"Oh, that would be awesome," I said.

"Hopefully, Nicole will come," JJ said.

"Do you think she's gonna to have enough time to see us?" Lauren asked with cackle.

I shrugged.

"I mean, I would just ask," I replied.

"I invite her everytime she's not travelled and every single time she's like why don't you guys just come to Brianna's and that's why we usually end up at your house," JJ said.

"I mean Nicole and I live nearly a block away from each other," I said.

"My relationship with you is different from my relationship with Nicole, it does feel like I'm the third wheel, and I wouldn't want that for my daughters," JJ said.

I mentally rolled my eyes because I knew JJ was just being petty and I know him and Lauren are always going on about how Nicole spends more time with Akeilah than with their daughters but I'm over it because they never bring it up to Nicole when she's around.

"She probably goes to your house more just cause Akeilah will always be there you know; she favors Akeilah over our girls," JJ said.

"Oh my gosh," I said as I place Akeilah on my lap.

"Jay..." I said.

"Brianna..." JJ said.

"No, but even when you were pregnant and we had V, it was still that thing of Akeilah is special, Akeilah is... you know," Lauren said.

"She's just like Akeilah more," JJ said.

"Do you guys think you're sensitive to that?" I asked.

"Of course, we're sensitive, these are our kids," JJ replied.

"100%" Lauren said.

"Lauren, you understand you have a sister; you and Lexi are like super close," I said.

"And a brother that has a baby, and I don't think of them any different." Lauren said.

"JJ and you guys are very close but you can't take away that Brie and Nicole are the twins and that they are involved in each other's lives whether it's business, it's been wrestling, anything in the past, they travel together and Akeilah travels with them, so of course, that's made closer. I just want us to get through this because if we are not careful we could grow apart," Kathy said.

"My thing is, I feel like, cause Nicole and I are constantly together, like Nicole was really with me every week," I said.

"You're actually validating what we are saying," JJ said.

"I think you guys make it a bigger deal than what it needs to be," I said.

"You're taking her side," Lauren said.

"Well, it's about my daughter having a bond with her aunt that's making you upset so of course I'm not going to see it from your point of view," I said.