Chapter 3

"well.... i choose...." Amanda started and acted if she was thinking, she looked between Cade and Ax with the puppy.

"Cade." Cade smiled, he put his arm around Amanda kinda giving her a side hug. Ax smiled "i'm happy for you Brother." Ax said and continued to pet Marlin. Amanda didn't know how to feel about this, she just sat on the couch, in the arms of Cade and watched the star twinkle in the darkness of space, it was so relaxing to her.

She didn't realize that she ended up falling asleep on the shoulder of Cade, Ax brought Marlin to Amanda's room and onto her bed, Cade grabbed Amanda bridal style and layed her down on her bed and covered her up kissing her forehead, he leaves closing the door and sits back on the couch with Ax.

"are you just going to mate with her then be done with it? or do you actually like her?" Ax asked in his native tongue, Cade just stared out the window and sighed running a hand through his hair.

"we are supposed to just breed and move on to the next girl, but Amanda is different." Cade said, Ax hummed looking out the window. Ax suggested to go lay with Amanda but Cade declined, he thought it was too soon.

Cade decides to head to bed for the night and says his good nights to Ax and goes in his room, he layed down and stares at the ceiling for what felt like hours to him.

~~~

Amanda woke up in the middle of the night with a sore throat, she gets out of bed careful not to wake up Marlin and get him barking.

she walks out of her door and looks around, she doesn't see Ax or Cade anywhere so she thinks their sleeping.

she goes into the kitchen and grabs a cup and fills it with water from the sink, she brings it up to her lips and takes a very slow sip, her head is pounding.

"Amanda?" she heard a tired voice behind her, she quickly turned around almost falling "oh sorry did i wake you?" Amanda asked taking another slow sip.

"no, i cant sleep." Cade said rubbing his face. Amanda couldn't stop staring at that huge scar on his eye. She looked down and put her cup in the sink "i'm sorry, i just woke up to my throat being sore." Amanda said and Cade grinned. "would you like to um.." Amanda looked into his eye, the one that isn't covered with his hair. Cade scratched the back of his head. "want to come to bed with me?" Amanda nodded with a smile and Cade sighed of relief, he put his hand out and Amanda grabbed it getting dragged to his room.

Amanda first took a quick stop to grab Marlin to sleep with them, Once in the room, Cade gets under the covers and Amanda follows suit.

Cade clears his throat and looks over at Amanda, Amanda doesn't know what to do, she doesn't want to make the first move only because she was
told she's there for breeding and not love, but she doesn't love him? she hasn't even known him for that long, and she doesn't want to do anything to much, since it's a little too soon.

Cade thought Amanda was the one when he saw her, her beautiful straight black hair, her brown amazing eyes, her curvy hourglass body, the freckles planted across her nose, her pretty smile, and she's so short to the point Cade or Ax could pick her up and she would be light as a feather.

she doesn't only want to breed with Amanda like he's supposed to... he loves Amanda.

"Cade?" Amanda asked, he hummed and turned his head to look at the beautiful human next to him.

"why is your eye always covered?" Amanda asked petting Marlin who is laying on her chest.

"well... i have two different colored eyes, the one you see is red, and the other one is Yellow." Cade said and took his hair out of his eye, it was absolutely gorgeous, his red eye was fine, but his yellow eye Glowed in the darkness, as if it was singing to Amanda.

"Oh my god, it's- it's amazing!" Amanda said and she put her hand on Cade's cheek caressing it.

"i love it, i also have one more little question." Cade
hummed and Amanda kept her hand placed.

"what happened when you mate with someone? or when you marry someone? how will the others know?" Amanda asked looking to the side, Cade chuckled "your eyes silly, when you mate or get married as you said it, your eyes change to the color of your husband or mate." Amanda's eyes widened in shock, she smiled and kissed Cade's cheek.

"get some sleep." she whispered and took her hand off his cheek to head to sleep. Cade smiled and turned his back to go to sleep.