Chapter 8

"Keep running!" Cade said standing on the sidelines of the inside track in the ship, Ax, River, Malcom, Savage, and Sabe were running laps, to become faster, in case of anything trying to chase them.

River was in the lead, Ax had his eye on her closely, he's always had the biggest crush on her, everyone is in love of River, she was absolutely stunning, Rooikens fight over her all the time.

River said she doesn't want to date or marry, since it might distract her from her training.

Sabe fell face first onto the cement of the track, Cade walked up to his and stood over him. "get up." Cade said, Sabe sighed and pushed himself up with his hands and fell again.

"i said. get, up." Cade repeated, Sabe looked up and glared "cant you see that i cant?!" Cade growled "are you talking back to me boy? we aren't friends when we train, i am your commander."

Amanda sat in the chairs on the outside of the track watching, she wanted to see what training looked like for Rooikens.

"i... cant..." Sabe said again breathing heavily. Cade rolled his eyes and picked Sabe up by the back of his shirt and made him look Cade in the eye. "do you want to get to my rank or not? if not you can leave, i do not want to train someone who doesn't take this seriously!"

The others stopped running to watch the commotion going on between Sabe and Cade.

"Keep running!! don't stop!" Cade yelled noticing the curious Rooikens. they continued to run without question.

"um, brother? maybe you shouldn't be so.." Cade cut Ax off from finishing. "keep running Ax i don't want to hear it." Cade said glaring at his younger brother.

"now, Sabe, train and i'll be nice, or you can walk out those doors, you choose." Cade said and got uncomfortably close to Sabe's face as if he didn't hear him the first time.

"i'll... run..." Sabe said, Cade smiled and dropped him making a loud clash on the floor, he groaned and got up on his feet, he started to run and catch up to the others.

Amanda got up and walked down to Cade who was watching closely on the Rooikens who are starting to get tired.

"why are you so hard on them?" She asked rubbing his bicep soothingly. "i'm mean and rough so they know i take the training seriously, if i were to be nice, they will take advantage of that." Amanda nodded and kissed Cade's bicep and walked back to her seat.

Cade watched for another while, then Savage ended up running into River by accident making them fall over and making the others fall from getting their feet caught between the other falling Rooikens.

"what's going on?!" Cade yelled walking over. "Fatty hit me!!" River yelled growling, Savage growled and their tails shot up.

"let's not fight guys." Malcom said getting up, Ax stayed on the floor groaning. Sabe tried to help Malcom try and break up the fight about to happen.

"THAT IS ENOUGH!!" Cade growled and his tail whipped around angrily, Everyone stopped to look at Cade and dropped their tails in submission.

"River and Savage, go sit down!!" Cade growled, River growled and huffed as she walked to the benches with Savage. Cade looked at Ax who was still on the ground groaning. "Ax?" Cade said, Ax hummed. "get up." Ax groaned and tried them fell again, Cade growled "don't be a Sabe and get up." Sabe huffed "i'm right here."

"i cant... i seriously... i cant..." Ax said and hissed in pain. "AX!" Cade said worriedly and ran over to his little brother and kneeled down "what happened?!"

"when i fell.. i landed.. on my arm... it hurts i can't... i cant move it..." Cade's eyes widened "AMANDA GO GET THE MEDIC!!!" he yelled, Amanda hurriedly got up and ran out of the doors to find a medic.

"no it's fine. i can keep going." Ax said trying to get up "you have some determination little brother, i like it, but i will not let you keep moving with training with a broken arm."

a few minutes later, Amanda came back with two tall Rooikens, they had a bunch of medical equipment for Ax and his arm.

"Can you tell me what happened?" One of the doctors said, Cade stayed kneeled down worried "we were training, then one tripped over the other and fell on Ax, i think he broke his arm." the doctor nodded and kneeled down. "can you move your arm?" he asked, Ax shook his head hissing in pain and growling. "i'm strong i can keep going i don't need medical attention." Ax growled "shut your mouth Ax we are helping you." Cade growled back angrily, shutting Ax up.

The two doctors helped Ax to his feet and helped him walk out the door and to the medical bay. Cade stayed behind rubbing a hand over his face in distress.

"I'm sorry Cade." Amanda whispered, Cade growled "don't apologize." Amanda nodded and stood next to Cade, he watched as his little brother hissed in pain being taken out to the medical bay.

the other Rooikens stood around not knowing what to do, Cade turned towards Malcom and Sabe, he told them to continue running, he didn't yell or anything. he calmly said it, catching Sabe and Malcom off guard, but they continued.

"am i a bad trainer?" Cade asked softly not looking at Amanda. "what? no!" Amanda said and softly caressed Cade's back.

"can you do me a favor?" Cade asked, Amanda nodded "stay here and watched them, i'm going to go with Ax, they need to make 5 more laps the. pair them up and get them to sparr" Amanda nodded and Cade ran out of the training area.

"Make 5 more laps them i'll pair you up for sparring!" Amanda yelled, "Yes Ma'am!" The two running Rooikens said simultaneously.

once they stopped running, Amanda lined everyone up including Savage and River. she walked back and fourth in front of them. "River and Malcom, Sabe and Savage" she said, they went to their sides of the training area and stood there waiting for instructions.

"what should we try for?" Malcom asked, Amanda's eyes opened "what? i have to tell you a body part to go for?" She asked, everyone nodded. "oh okay uh... i'll make it hard for you, try and go for your enemy's back, this will teach you to never turn your back on your enemy. understood?" everyone nodded "get on guard." everyone's tails shot up and they put their hands up flashing their sharp nails.

Amanda said go and they started to sparr, Amanda circled around the two groups, she got anxious wondering when Cade will be back.

~~~

"Ax should be fine, he did indeed break his arm but it isn't anything serious" the Rooiken doctor said looking onto the x-ray he took on his screen. "When will he be able to leave?" Cade asked, The doctor pondered this, "Maybe a few days or so." Cade nodded caressing his little brothers good not broken arm. "okay, i need to go back to train the others, if Ax needs me get me." Cade said, the doctor noddle, Cade sent a loving smile towards Sx and quickly left.

Cade went into the room but stopped, he wanted to watch Amanda train the others. "Keep your guards up!" Amanda yelled, noticing some of the Rooikens letting their guards down.

"What are you doing Sabe!? that's not how you do it!" Amanda yelled, Sabe growled "what do you know?! you're only human!" Amanda huffed and grabbed Sabe's hair pulling his head back "don't disrespect me, you see, i'm Cade's mate, meaning I'm just as in power as he is." she said and let go, he immediately put his guard back up fighting Savage.

Cade laughed and walked up to Amanda "demanding huh?" Cade said making her jump "shit! i didn't uh- i didn't see you there." she said hesitantly. Cade laughed softly and patted her back, a little to roughly catching Amanda off guard. "it's fine."

once training was finished, Amanda and Cade went to visit Ax in the medical bay. he was doing a lot better, Cade still didn't know how he managed to break his arm by falling when he ran, maybe another Rooiken landed on him. Cade didn't see.

Ax should be out in about a couple days to a week, Cade decided to stay in the medical bay with Ax, and insisted Amanda go back to the apartment area, watch over and take care of her dog, she agreed and headed back without a problem.