30

(I'm gonna say it now, Nat won't be dying purely because 1. It's natasha romanoff and 2. Because it really fucks with my plans)

"Y/n, you'll come with me as well." You smile at Tony, the thought of holding Bucky once more making every moment worth it. "Thor and the raccoon will go-"
"Thor is coming back?" Your eyes dart to Pietro who paused before simply giving one affirmative nod. "You knew this? Why didn't anyone think to tell me?" Everyone gave blank stares, no one knew quite what to say.
"I told them not too, I was going to surprise you but apparently not anymore." You turn and see... Thor? Unexciting of the changes. And the stench of booze. Nevertheless you feel a wave of excitement take over and you run to Thor wrapping your arms around his shoulders. You quickly let go, shoving him in the chest, Thor watched as five years of emotions were thrown at him all at once.
"You left me! But God im glad your back..." you continued to hug him after, feeling his arms hesitate before wrapping around you too.

You watched, eyes growing wide as Tony flew across the room, the Hulk storming out the building.
"Shit..." your eyes fell on Loki as he picked up the tesseract, you grab his arm, teleporing away with him.

"You idiot! Do you know what you just did?" You shout, trying to figure out what to do.
"Y/n? Why- how did you- what is going on?" You stood on a dying planet that was covered in heaps of dust and decay.
"We need to go back, we need the stone to bring everyone back and-" you stop, feeling Loki's arms wrap around you, his scent surrounding you, consuming you.
"Slow down y/n, we can go back." You look up at him, placing a hand on his cheek, knowing deep down that this could be the last time you would see him.
"Thankyou, I love you Loki." You whisper, fighting back the emotions that threatened to overflow, causing a storm.

"Where the hell did you go?" You make your way over to Tony, tesseract in hand.
"To finish the mission, can we please get out of here?" You swallow the growing pain in your throat down. Trying your best not to let your voice break or your lip tremble.

You all get back to where you started, you walk away from everyone, leaving them shocked and confused. You go back to your room, flopping down onto your bed, face first into the pillows. You hear a knock, not moving as you shout, "come in!" You were surprised when you heard Tony's voice, expecting Pietro or Thor.
"Hey, are you alright?" You sit up, making room for Tony to sit down beside you, "I know that can't have been easy for you..." He knew he didn't need to elaborate, you knew exactly what he meant.
"It wasn't but it had to be done," you sigh, picking at your nails.
"You did good today." Tony placed his hand on your shoulder, you knew that this was his way of showing affection, it was comforting nevertheless.

You watched, wincing as Bruce snapped his fingers, bringing everyone back. His agony was apparent, his strength even more so. Everyone froze, holding their breath in anticipation, you noticed Clint's phone begin to buzz, your lip began to tremble slightly as a wave of emotions flooded you. The thoughts swarmed your mind, if Laura was back, that meant-

Suddenly, the building collapsed in an explosion, fire consuming the majority of your surroundings... "he's here," you chocke upon your words as the smoke filled your lungs, you pushed yourself up, wincing slightly as a throbbing pain filled your head. You ignore it, looking for someone, anyone else in the rubble. You back outside, needing the air to be fresh and free from dust, looking around as you do. You felt your back hit someone, turning to see Steve, a small wave of relief washing over you. But then you follow his eyes, your gaze falling upon Thanos, sat in the middle of the chaos, yet somehow totally at peace. But then again he spent his days slaughtering hundreds upon thousands of innocents.

You feel the heat building up as your hands began to glow, but this time it wasn't golden; it was black as the heart know to be Thanos'. Your feet begin to rise off the ground, you barely realising as the pure hatred took control.
"How dare you sit there, with no concern whatsoever of the lives you have torn apart." You clench your teeth together, baring them like a feral dog would.
"Am I supposed to apologise to you little girl?" His words were condescending, as though he were mocking you.
"You will apologise when I tear you apart; limb by limb till you are nothing. Do you understand me?" Your words sounded like venom, pouring out of your mouth before you began sending pieces of the destroyed building at him. Killing two birds with one stone as the others found their way out.

You were so engulfed in your rage, you didn't notice as Iver a dozen portals opened up behind you.
"Need a little help?" You turned, meeting the blazing fires that were Wanda's eyes. An almost sinister smile spread across your face as you nodded, both of you sending vicious attacks at Thanos. You glanced down at the growing ocean of war beneath you, watching as Steve also began his consistent attacks. You float down, feeling a wave of pain flow through your head like it had done earlier. You don't stop sending hits at Thanos, you simply continue from a safer height.

"Hey doll..." Hearing his voice made you stop. The one sound you had craved for five years, the only voice that could soothe you after a nightmare. Hearing his voice gave you hope, that the nightmare was finally over. You turn, practically tackling him to the ground as you fly towards him, wrapping your arms around him.