45

'Goodmorning my little bird,' you lay curled up in a warm pocket you had created for yourself in the center of the large bed. Listening to the voice that filled the silence of your room. 'You really must come for breakfast Anna,' This catches your attention and you sit up faster than expected, trying to conceal the sudden wave of dizziness.
'That's not my name, why did you call me Anna when that isn't my name?' Your voice was shakey, brimming with uncertainty but still, you watched, a small flicker appeared in Dmitri's eyes which was gone in a second before he moved his hand towards where yours sat ontop of the sheets.
'My little bird, you can't remember can you?' You think hard for a second before discovering that your mind was empty, before realising that the man before you knew more than you did about yourself. You shook your head almost feeling a wave of shame at the fact you didn't even know who you were. 'That is okay my darling I will tell you everything you wish to try and remember. You are Anna, my wife. You felt a little bit queasy at the sound of these words.
'I need you to leave... please, just let me be alone for a while to think.'

Without another word, Dmitri rose to his feet but before he walked away he took your hand in his placing a kiss there. It was cold and venomous. Sending a chill down your spine. You didn't say anything, just letting him walk away.

After a week or so, you had slowly begun to look around, leaving your room on the fourth day of being there. And on the seventh, you found yourself seeking out Dmitri. One of the tall, quite angry looking men that made you feel slightly on edge ended up taking you to him. You knocked on the doors, hearing his voice through the thick wood, 'come in!' You pushed the heavy door, entering the large room. Despite the windows, it was an oddly dark room but you decided not to think about that. 'Ah Anna, what a pleasure to see you up and out of your room.' Dmitri stood, moving round to lean on his desk, you gave a small smile in hopes that he would be more willing to listen,
'Can I go in the garden? The one you can see through my window with the fountain and the big tree,' You watched as cogs began to turn in his mind before he nodded,
'I don't see any problem with that my little bird.' This time the smile that appeared was sincere, you fought the urge to wrap your arms around him, instead leaving him with the smile.

'Tony are you sure this is the right place?' Bucky and Sam moved through a dim corridor, looking out for anyone who may be hiding out.
'I think I found something,' Wanda's voice echoed through the seemingly empty building, drawing the attention of everyone else. They followed her to a room with one computer monitor, a security video playing.
'Oh god... it's y/n,' Nat's voice was barely a whisper as her hand covered her mouth. They watched as you lay on the ground, eyes tired, covered in dried blood. They watched as a man grabbed a fist if your hair, dragging you out of the room. They watched as you were chucked back into the room, hitting the stone, not moving again until they dragged you out once more. Every time you returned, you looked more and more exhausted, less hopeful. They skipped through watching until eventually, the pattern changed. You sat up, and not minutes later, you were escorted away. Then nothing.
'She's not here. She isn't even here anymore!' Bucky left the room, leaving everyone shocked at what happened.

You found yourself grabbing on to the branches and pulling yourself up higher and higher in the tree. Until the branches became too small and you could see the luscious green hills that surround you. Just one singular mansion-like house in the middle of nowhere. Peaceful, beautiful nowhere. Yet you found yourself wanting to climb higher still. A strange compulsion that demanded you continued up. More and more. Until you heard a snap, and as your foot dangled and you watched the branch tumble down below you, you simply let go. Another odd compulsion. Yet as you fell, you felt relieved. As your head hit the ground, something deep within your mind sparked. So as you saw a smile flash into your mind- happiness, warm sunrises and home- you understood why you felt the need to climb the tree. The door in your mind that separated you from your memories just needed a little nudge before if flooded open.

You pushed yourself to your feet, reaching up towards the branches again. Stopped as a hand pulled you back. You shrugged it off before attempting to pull yourself back up, this time a pair of arms snaked around your waist, ripping you away from the tree, you tried to push the arms away but it was no use. You were carried inside, placed down in a chair across from Dmitri. 'Anna darling,' His tone was condescending as he began cleaning the cut on your forehead. You closed your eyes as his hand landed on your knee. A wave of images flashed through your mind, as they did your breath hitched and Dmitri moved his had away.
'I'm sorry, it just stung a little,' you stood, walking back to your room, locking yourself in the bathroom.