36

"Okay sweetie, you're doing amazing, just keep breathing." You held on to Wanda's had tightly, trying to breath through the worsening contractions as your midwife spoke to you.
"You're gonna need to push soon,"
"NO! Not until Bucky is here-" you showed through the pain, taking a deep breath as it began to faid momentarily.
"Y/n, you need to do this now, for you safety as well as your babies." You nod, listening as Marie began to talk you through it. You begin to push, the pain overwhelming you, feeling as small beads of sweat formed on your head. You could feel yourself begin to cry from exhaustion combined with the pain.

"I can't do it," your breathing was heavy, you turned as you felt a cold hand against your forehead, looking up to see Bucky stood where Wanda was moments ago.
"You can do this baby, I promise that you can. You killed Thanos, you can do this!" You smile slightly, squeezing Buckys hand as you continued to push.

You finally let your body fall limp, your energy having been completely drained. You listen to the sound of your breathing, heavy as you begin to slow it down. You feel your heart practically burst as a faint croak began from the other side of the room, turning into a small cry. The midwife walked over, handing you the tiny baby, swaddled in a blanket, a little white hat placed over its head,
"It's a girl," she smiled at you both before beginning to do some checks on you.

You turn to Bucky, smiling from ear to ear. You gently hand him the baby, watching as he steadily rocked her in his arms. He bit his bottom lip slightly, you watched as his heart melted along with yours. "She's absolutely perfect," he whispered as the tiny baby cooed in his arms.
"Our little Winnie," you sigh, feeling your eyes grow heavier with the exhaustion.

It was the middle of the night when you woke up, Bucky was fast asleep in the chair beside your bed. You slowly wriggled yourself of the bed, grabbing a blanket and placing it over him before heading out to the nurses desk.
"Hey sweetie, is everything okay?" You catch the eye of your midwife as she walked over to help you.
"I was wondering if I could get some jello, but the green flavour?" She chuckled slightly, sitting you down in one of the chairs,
"You could've called me to your room for that," you watched as she placed the back of her hand on your forehead, checking you over. You noticed the light in her eyes; so pure and honest.
"I didn't want to disturb Bucky- or you, I was just going to ask the closest nurse."
"You are too damn sweet but we should get you back to your room and to that precious little girl."

She helped you stand, walking you back to your room before heading off to the cafeteria. "Hey doll, where did you go?" You looked over as Bucky sat himself up in the chair, glancing over at Winnie as she slept.
"I was really craving some jello, Marie is just grabbing me some," you move over in the bed, lifting the blanket up for Bucky as he lay down beside you.
"You did so amazing today darling, I love you." He placed a kiss on your forehead before Marie walked back in with a tray of jello cups and some spoons.
"Ah, I see James decided to join you," she smiled placing the tray down next to your bed,
"It's just Bucky, green jello... Great choice." You nudged his arm as he grabbed a pot and a spoon, giving the midwife a small wave as she left the room.

The next day; you and Bucky drove home, Winnie fastened into her car seat with the little teddy Tony had gotten her. "Just warning you, there's a good chance Wanda's gonna be there when we get home," you turn to look at Bucky as he turned the corner to your street.
"I wouldn't be surprised if Steve and Sam showed up too..." He laughed slightly, glancing over to you before returning his gaze to the road.

You sigh, opening the front door to see Nat sat on your couch with a beautifully wrapped little box, tied up with a small pink ribbon. She jumped up, wrapping her arms around you, offering to grab your bag.
"Where's Bucky?" She walked back over to the couch, sitting down beside you.
"He's bringing Winnie in," you smiled as Nat gasped,
"Winnie is such an adorable name!" You watched as her face grew soft as she saw Bucky bring in the carrier basket. "Can I hold her?" You nodded, letting Nat grab Winnie out of the carrier.

After an hour or so, practically everyone had come over to see you, Bucky and Winnie. You stood talking to Tony and Pepper; glancing over at Peter sat holding Winnie as she began to fuss. You grabbed a bottle, heading over to them both, "Hey kid, I can take her if you want," Peters eyes didn't leave her and you noticed her tiny hand wrapped around his finger.
"It's okay Mrs y/n, can I feed her?" He nodded towards the bottle as you sat down next to him. You handed him the bottle, watching as he began to feed Winnie. "I can't believe she's so small y'know. I'm kinda scared I'll hurt her..." you stand, ruffling his hair,
"You're doing great kid, you are literally one of the sweetest people I know, I can't imagine you hurting her. You're her uncle Peter." You watched his eyes light up as you said it, his gaze shot to you,
"Wait really? That's so cool!"

You smiled, heading over to Bucky as Peter sat with Winnie, talking to her about Star Wars.
"I think Peter is Winnies new best friend," Bucky wrapped his arm around your waist, you both watching as Tony went and sat with Peter; them both cooing over Winnie.