Legacies

The five of us reach Pansy and I's dorm, pushing the door open and whispering a spell to turn on the lights. The first thing I see is the mess on my bed and shove it to the floor, collapsing onto my pillow.

"It was a long day" I say exasperated. 

"Much too long," Evie agrees, lying beside me.

Pansy and Daphne unfold the pullout couches, making two more beds. 

Pansy and I's room was large, with big windows and pretty beds. We had couches and a tv, two beds, a mini fridge, bathroom, and two wardrobes. 

Our room was often the destination for small parties between our friends, or study sessions that usually elevated into betting of some kind. Our room was also perfect for truth or dare, being the last dorm in line before a dark hallway. No one knew what was down there, until they were dared to find out. 

I looked around at the room of these girls and realize how lucky we are to have such a close friend group. 

Pansy was literally like a sister to me, stealing clothes and crying at romantic movies. We told each other everything, from horrifying grades to awful breakups and seemed to end up with mint chip ice cream lying in one of our beds under the covers watching a movie.

Evie is more quiet but not shy, just genuinely hates being involved with complications, slightly above it without being obnoxious. We loves her. She was a muggle born, but everyone loved her instantly, and since then we had basically grown up together, and her relationship with Theo was one everyone adored. 

I didn't know Tracy as well, but her and Evie were close. She also looked shockingly like Naomi Campbell, unfairly beautiful. From what I knew her and a Gryffindor seventh year were going out last year, and I'm not sure where they stood now, but she was always like that. Mysterious but loud, with everything from her appearance to her personality drawing you in.

And Daphne was probably my closest friend in this room, other then Pansy. Pansy Daphne and I had always been close, relating to each other easily. She was a blonde, blue-eyed girl, but one of the most down to Earth and purely sweet people I'd ever met. I loved Daphne so much it was insane. 

We all sit on Pansy's bed and catch up on everything. 

"Let's review shall we" Pansy begins. "Rose and Mattheo, recent but also so long time in the making, Evie and Theo- its undeniable... thats it. Trace, Daph who've you got your eye on?" 

"Luna, Luna Lovegood. She's pretty and unapologetically herself, a trait I admire" Daphne answers, smiling. 

"God, to be blonde and in love with a blonde" Pansy says shaking her head and lying on her back.  "She does seem really sweet" I say smiling and nudging Daphne who blushes slightly and shoves me off. 

"What about you Trace" Daphne says laughing. 

"I genuinely don't know what it is, but the Gryffindors. I hate them, yes, but god. This boy James, I swear he's perfect. Quidditch, smart, smart, and undeniably attractive" Tracy says smiling. 

"That's not the beater is it? Mattheo and Blaise yelled at me after I came home talking about him. He's insanely attractive, and they felt threatened." Daphne says smiling. 

"He's brilliant Daph!" Tracy says collapsing back onto a pillow. 

"You're crazy. A Gryffindor!" Pansy says. 

"Oh please Pansy, any Hufflepuffs caught your eye?" I say smiling at her. 

"I hate you Rose" She says sing-songey. 

"Pansy, answer right now." Evie says throwing a pillow at her.

"You and Rose haven't! I just assumed" Pansy says.