End of Seventh Year

Our story has been written. The story of five seventh year Slytherins, who have been through everything. We've lost friends, family, sometimes even each other. And the school year, school's always been difficult. But we made it, our achievements not unnoticed. We were all going in the right direction, the five of us planning our futures. But today, today wasn't about the future. Today was remembering the past. 

As we walk through the cheerful halls of Hogwarts one last time, I feel tears falling from my eyes. Happy tears, but also sad tears. This place had started to feel like home. All the parties, sneaking out late, everything. Hogwarts began to belong to us. Seventh year. We were done now. No more school trips, no more rules, no more holidays. it was the start of our new lives. 

The hall erupted in cheers as the five of us, joined by many of our fellow classmates, all dressed in white graduation robes, stepped through the grand doors and sat by the long table on the far wall for the last time. 

"Congratulations seventh years. You have fought hard, and you have finished. You've made it. This place has raised you since you were eleven, and now you're all walking out of here seven years older, and hopefully seven years wiser. Hogwarts had the pleasure of welcoming you all and becoming somewhat of a home too you. So to those of you off to better things, congratulations. And to any of you that will be back here anytime soon, Hogwarts is waiting to welcome you home. Congratulations Seventh Years" Dumbledore says, beaming at the tables in front of him. 

We were done. 

The year was over. 

House cup announced and dorms packed up. 

We were done here. 

"Its sad isn't it" Blaise says as we walk through the halls to find the train. 

"Really is" Pansy says. 

"At least we have each other" Draco says. 

"Forever and Always" I say softly. The five of us reach the dorm room, and Pansy, Blaise and Draco go to pack their stuff while Mattheo and I enter our room. He takes off his dress robes quickly, leaving him in only black pants, and lies down on the bed, and I do the same, then walk over to come join him. Straddling myself on his hips, I smile and brush hair out of his face. 

"Its weird, leaving here" I whisper. 

"But if you think about it, everything we truly love about this place is coming with us. We're all going to buy a house together. We'll still be together, with everyone" Mattheo says lightly pulling me forward so I'm lying on his chest. 

"Yeah" I say softly. His hands trace over the lace on the back of my top. He slowly un does all the buttons and pulls me onto him, us lying with my bare chest on his. Then he kisses me, soft hollow kisses on my collarbone. I sigh softly and run my hands through his hair, lying on top of him. "mattheo" I say softly biting my tongue as he kisses me. "I'll stop" He says his eyes meeting mine. "No, that's ok" I whisper leaning into him. 

-

That night we bought everything off the trolley. One of each. And we laughed, and we cried, and we talked, and we were silent. Everything was happening all at the same time, but it was all okay I think. Because everything was going to turn out ok. Because we had each other. 

"Ew, I think I got snail slime!" Blaise said shaking his head after having a questionably coloured bean. Pansy scoffs and the rest of us laugh. 

"Puddlemere" Draco says after studying the map of Magical Villages for the train ride. 

"Puddle what?" Pansy asks. 

"Puddlemere. Its in West Country, and there's little houses not too far from a gorgeous blue lake. Small shops and resturants farther into town, near London. Its a little far from Hogwarts, but nothing a little apperation can't fix. We could all buy one of the little houses there, live by the lake. The five of us" Draco says thoughtfully. 

When he spoke, I realized I didn't have anywhere else to go for the summer. 

"I think that's a splendid idea" I say with a smile, leaning into Draco's shoulder to look at the map. 

"Look, there's a pub just down the way Pansy and Blaise could go win us some money, because we all know who has the pool skills, and Mattheo could beat everyone at Poker. And Rose, you can dance all night while I charm the bartender into giving us more drinks" Draco says pointing on the map.

"I love it" Pansy and Blaise say at the same time. 

"Mattheo?" i ask. 

"If you're there, I'm there" he says with a soft smile. 

"Happy summer holidays darlings, I love all of you more then the world" I say smiling. 

"Happy holidays, welcome to the rest of our lives. Staying out and sleeping in, throwing things around our house, having Christmas by the fire. Everything" Blaise says. 

"So do we just show up?" Pansy asks with a wild smile. 

"Might as well" Draco says and we all agree. 

"We can apperate once we get off the train" Blaise says. 

"This is going to be amazing" I say softly, tracing a heart over the fog on the window. 

"Remember first year, when we all got on this train for the first time, other then Draco but, we were all so nervous. And Rose and I were clinging to each other, and the twins were together, and Blaise came rushing into our compartment, and we laughed the whole way that we decided to be best friends. I miss that" Pansy says with traces of a small smile playing on her lips. 

"So many good memories here" Blaise says wishfully. 

"And cheers to more" Draco says raising a glass of butterbeer. 

"To more" We all echo clinking our glasses together. 

This was our family. 

One with problems and conflict, with outside drama and issues, but one that would stay together. 

The beachhouse in Puddlemere sounds perfect, and the five of us are sure too enjoy it. 

But I still miss Tom. 

And sometimes it feels as though the pain, the loss, will never truly leave me. And that feeling, is almost enough to allow myself to never truly move on from my life, too always be with him in my mind. But I need too. 

Because I still have Pansy. 

I still have Blaise.

I still have Draco. 

I still have Mattheo. 

And I'll always have the memory of him bright in my mind. 

Tom Marvelo Riddle.

-

We arrived at the beach house. It was beaufitul, a four bedroom three bathroom two story house with a slightly unfinished basement. There was a backyard, and the beach. It wasn't around much, and the fear of getting recognized allowed the five of us to be grateful. 

After all, we were still the sons and daughters of great allies to the dark lord, so we were never the public's favorite. But here, it seemed we'd be able to live a life, enough for all of us. 

-