Time

August 6th 1998

Time went by so quickly, and it was difficult in a month the Hogwarts Express would be leaving, just without us. 

We were in a small efficient routine, the five of us. Everyone seemed to have lightened up after Hogwarts, and with the threats of war and Deatheaters out of our minds, we never failed to make each other smile. 

Every Thursday evening, we go to a local sports pub in town, and have contests for the title of Best Pool Player, or Slots, or Air Hockey. They had everything there, and it was in a cute Muggle village. 

Then there were movie nights, set up in the cold concrete basement, usually horror movie, during which Draco and I would quietly play music and try not to scream, as the two of us tended to be rather jumpy. 

And sometimes, we would go to large fields and spend the sunny afternoons there, or just watch the stars pass. But it was nice, and truly fufilled our hopes of living together and enjoying ourselves. 

-

September 2nd 1999

It was Blaise's twentieth birthday last night, so that would explain the chocolate cake messily placed in our fridge after hosting an amazing party with friends of ours from school. It was Mattheo and I's house now. 

Pansy and Adrian Pucey were visiting Italy together. They reconnected last year, around October. And the two of them have been together ever since, travelling around, stopping at his families houses all over Europe. Pansy was barely home anymore. 

Draco, shockingly, got a ministry job. He was in the department of Defense Against Dark Magic, and somehow found the long hours and hard work charming. He moved too a flat in London with Blaise. Blaise found himself going out each night, living his youthful years to the highest. During the day though, he was training to become a Professor at Hogwarts. Potions Master, to be more specific.

So during the day, it was mostly Mattheo and I, in that cute little house. Of course we still regularly had movies and games and contests, and always gathered to watch the Quidditch Cup, but we were all growing into our own lives. 

We were becoming adults, as I was reminded when I would kiss Mattheo goodbye when he left for work, as scrawled out long essays and wrote my thoughts. I was an advisor. For the Headmaster at Hogwarts, Minerva McGonagal. We were never particularly close during my school days, however I ran into her at the ministry last year, and we began to talk. So I shadow her on some of her days, and help her to make the right decisions that will benefit the students. I was part of her outreach to the next generation of witches and wizards.

-

March 29th 2000

I had been sick for weeks now, and Mattheo was hardly around to notice it. We moved out of the beach house. Pansy, Blaise and Draco still came to our house for Christmas, but it was closer to London now, and everyone was working more. And Mattheo ended up getting a job as well. 

As an auror. 

He knew the way dark wizards thought and tracked them down. Part of me thinks its not for the ministry, who have never shown themselves as a trusted government, or for the money, which we barely need due to countless inheritances, but for himself. Avenging himself and Tom, by destroying what faithful supporters and legacy Voldemort left behind on our society. But his work drove him mad, and away. 

Always paranoid, and gone before I was up, not back until long after I'd fallen asleep, the only traces he was here at all a semi-cold pot of coffee brewed earlier that morning, and occasional cigarette ashes in the trash. The scent made me sick. Which of course didn't go well with my constant nausea.