Hiro [Meeting the Pack]☑️

Hiro had stood up suddenly, causing Stiles to look up at him with a curious expression.

That lasted for all of a tense 10 seconds, before he heard the same thing that the ghoul had and stood up as well.

"You should get inside." Hiro informed him, looking out intently towards the darkened tree line.

Stiles took a step back and watched as a foot stepped cautiously from the tree line.

He stepped back towards Hiro and observed as the foot retreated.

"Strange." He looked at Hiro, who's eyes had yet to leave the trees. "How many are there?"

Hiro glanced at him for a second before flicking his eyes back to the origin of the footfall sounds.

"16. Maybe more. 16 original clan members and they may have recruited others since I left."

Stiles looked towards the trees in thought.

"I can only sense 5."

Hiro nodded in agreement.

"Scouts. You should head inside."

Stiles was hesitant and stepped back to the entrance, watching as his retreating figure allowed the dark ghouls to emerge from the shadows.

Stiles looked at Hiro, who had yet to move an inch.

"You should come in, as well. They seem to be wary of me. That could work in our favour."

Hiro looked hesitant but ultimately he nodded and reversed slowly, never turning his back to the creatures he once shared a clan with.

Stiles moved closer to him and placed his hand onto his shoulder, guiding him backwards slowly.

They didn't want to rush and somehow trigger the ghouls into aggression.

He felt the step on his heel and squeezed Hiro's shoulder to warn him, their speed never changing.

His back pressed against the door and he heard some soft footsteps, behind himself.

He made a move as if to look over his shoulder but paused as the ghouls moved closer suddenly.

His halting of movement had them stilling, observing him closely. It seemed that all but one of the ghouls were eyeing him with a steely intent and caution.

The footsteps behind him stopped and he smelled Allison in the area just beyond the large doors.

"Allison," he spoke very softly and quietly.

She pressed gently against the back of the door, hearing the tense note to his voice as he stood completely still, outside. She had been sent to get him when he'd been gone for too long and had pulled her folding bow from her side pocket as she saw him standing with someone else.

It had taken a moment but she had noticed that Stiles and the other male, who she noted looked like the person that Stiles had described, were both staring towards the trees and moving very slowly.

"I'm here. What's going on?" She whispered quietly, unaware that she had just spoken so quietly that he shouldn't be able to hear, too focused on what was going on just beyond the entrance.

"We have company. And not the nice kind." Allison nodded and hummed quietly, urging him to continue.

"When I say so, I need you to pull the door open. You'll need to be very fast and close it after my friend and I have come through. Got it?" She looked past Stiles' shoulder, now able to see the figures emerging from the trees.