𝚘𝚗𝚎

Grosvenor Square, 1813.

Dearest reader,
the time has come to place our bets
for the upcoming social season.

Today is a most important day, and for some, a terrifying one, for today is the day London's marriage-minded misses
are presented to Her Majesty the Queen.

May God have mercy on their souls.

"Shall we?" Lady Veuilleton asked her daughter. reaching the room full of young ladies making their debut that year, all turning to watch Aelianna. For years Miss Veuilleton never left the house, so she was unknown to the rest of the society. Yes, everyone knew that the Viscount had a son and two beautiful daughters but their respective faces were unknown. So when Aelianna and her mother entered the waiting room the whispering wasn't left behind, her freckles shocking most of the young girls and their mamas as it was something uncommon.

"Miss Prudence Featherington, Miss Philipa Featherington, and Miss Penelope Featherington..." three young ladies with ginger hair made there was towards the Queen, after bumping into each other. "All presented by their mother, the Right Honorable Lady Featherington." Her mother following not far behind, as they bowed one of the girls fainted, face hitting the floor first.

It is only the queen's eye that matters today.
A glimmer of displeasure and a young lady's value plummets to unthinkable depths.

"Miss Daphne Bridgerton, presented by her mother, the Right Honorable, the Dowager Viscountess Bridgerton." As Daphne walked slowly towards the Queen, she gains her attention. From the perfect walk to the perfect bow.

As the Queen stood up and walked towards the Bridgerton girl, everyone holds their breaths "Flawless, my dear."

"Did that truly just happen?" A shocked Miss Bridgerton whispered to her mother, a big smile on her face. "Keep smiling, dearest." Her mother told her in return "They are watching you now more than ever."

But as we know, the brighter a lady shines,
the faster she may burn.

"Miss Aelianna Veuilleton, presented by her mother, Viscountess Veuilleton." After the door opened for her and her mother to walk in, all eyes were on them. Most of the people in the room gasped at the sight of the Viscounts oldest daughter, being captive by her beauty. She slowly made her way towards the Queen, hoping she wouldn't fall. As she reached her Majesty, she was already up and waiting for Aelianna to bowed. "You are truly a beauty my girl. Impeccable." With a timid smile, Aelianna thanked the Queen.